Advani, PV Narasimha Rao Knew Of The Elaborate Plot To Demolish Babri Masjid: Cobrapost
The demolition of Babri Masjid on December 6, 1992 was not a case of an unruly mob going out of control, as has been claimed all along by various Sangh Parivar activists, but the result of an elaborate plan -- "the biggest conspiracy of all times" -- by the various wings of the Sangh parivar executed with precision by trained volunteers, according to a sting operation by Cobrapost.
The sting operation conducted by Cobrapost on 23 key people of the Ram Janambhoomi movement -- including Sakshi Maharaj, Acharya Dharmendra, Uma Bharti, Mahant Vedanti and Vinay Katiyar -- claims that top BJP leaders like L K Advani and the then UP chief minister Kalyan Singh, as well the former Congress PM, P V Narasimha Rao, were aware of the planned demolition of Babri Masjid.
According to the Times of India, Cobrapost associate editor K Ashish travelled to Ayodhya, Faizabad, Tanda, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Mathura, Moradabad in UP, Jaipur, Aurangabad, Mumbai and Gwalior interviewing 23 of those who participated in the operation. He clandestinely recorded conversations with them.
If what they claim is true, the Ram Janambhoomi leaders and activists toiled secretly for months on a plan codenamed 'Operation Janmabhoomi' and executed it with military precision. Volunteers were trained, logistics painstakingly put in place and the assault on the disputed shrine launched using large surging crowds with volunteers skilled in demolishing structures embedded in it.
Not only do those interviewed spell out details of the planning, they also allegedly reveal how enthusiastic young participants were deliberately used as cannon fodder by provoking a police firing on kar sevaks in 1990 because of the belief of some leaders that the movement would not gather steam unless 'some Hindus die'.
Read the full story at the Times of India: Babri demolition planned; Advani, P V Narasimha Rao knew of plot: Cobrapost sting
The Cobrapost had earlier announced on Twitter that
#cobrapost unearths the biggest conspiracy of all times Coming Up at 10.15 am Friday,April 4 at the Press Club Of India. Stay tuned.— Cobrapost (@cobrapost) April 3, 2014
- Bhima Koregaon Files: The Story Of Nine Activists Being Punished Without Trial
- 'Will Not Fight Elections Unless J&K Statehood Is Restored,' Says NC Leader Akbar Lone
- Over 2,050 Unprovoked Ceasefire Violations, Stop Targetting Civilians: India Tells Pakistan
- Twelve Killed, Several Missing As Tourist Boat Capsizes In Flooded Godavari River In Andhra
- An EU-Like Arrangement With SAARC Nations Could Reinvigorate India's Economic Prospects
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- 'Will Implement NRC In Haryana As Well,' Says CM Khattar Ahead Of State Polls
- Pakistan Could Lose In A Conventional War With India, But...: Imran Khan
- In Kaziranga, Forest Guard Shantiram Chhetri Stands Between Poacher's Bullets And Rhinos
- India v South Africa, 1st T20: Match Abandoned Due To Heavy Rain
- Priyanka Gandhi Hits Back After MoS Claims North Indians Lack Quality, Not Job Opportunity
- 'War Cry' Against Other Mother Tongues: Kerala CM Vijayan On Amit Shah's Hindi Push
- Ashes 2019: ENG, AUS Draw Series 2-2; But Urn Goes Down Under
- Delhi Govt Forms Panel To Work On Introduction Of 'Deshbhakti Curriculum' In Schools