Top Seer Repeats His Formula To Save Hindus: Have 10 Kids, God Will Take Care Of Them
Don’t tire while you sire, was the message that went out at the three-day Dharma Sanstrukti Mahakumbh, a congregation of seers backed by RSS, in Nagpur.
The Times of India reported that “Vasudevanand Saraswati, whose status as Shankaracharya of Jyotir Mutt was legally challenged, said, ‘Discard the two-children norm. Have 10 instead, don't worry about who will fend for them, god will take care of your kids.’”
“He said there was a need to have more Hindus.”
This controversial seer of Hindus is fond of the 10-children formula to “Save Hindus”. Around this time last year, the saint had outshined BJP’s motormouth MP Sakshi Maharaj and Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Sadhvi Prachi who had urged Hindus to have four children by junking the two-children norm.
Last year, he had said: “While the government wants each couple to have only two children, many families are going for only one child. This is wrong. A single child cannot support even his or her parents. I appeal to parents to have at least 10 children. Make one of them an IAS and the other one a PCS officer. Your third child may be a businessman. Another can be in the armed forces. Some of them may be farmers. Finally, if you are unable to look after a few of the remaining, give them to the sadhus for religious work.”
VHP official Pravin Togadia, who had been lying low for some months after Ghar vapasi or reconversion project earned Narendra Modi-led Central government bad press and rebuke, is back.
“He said that a Central law on banning cow slaughter remained elusive; the dig was directed at the BJP-led government at the Centre. Sharing the dais, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat endorsed Togadia's views.”
- 22 Killed, Many Injured In Blast At Pop Concert In UK
- It Will Be A Challenging Journey, But Worth Fighting For: Vishal Sikka Tells Infosys Shareholders
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Impact Of GST On Car Prices In India
- Paresh Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied Up In Front Of Army Jeep Instead Of 'Stone-Pelters'
- Indian Army Rewards Major Who Tied Civilian To Jeep As Human-Shield, For Counter-Insurgency Operations
- After ICJ Order On Jadhav, Kashmiri Group Asks For Global Scrutiny Of Rights Violations In Valley