Top Seer Repeats His Formula To Save Hindus: Have 10 Kids, God Will Take Care Of Them
Don’t tire while you sire, was the message that went out at the three-day Dharma Sanstrukti Mahakumbh, a congregation of seers backed by RSS, in Nagpur.
The Times of India reported that “Vasudevanand Saraswati, whose status as Shankaracharya of Jyotir Mutt was legally challenged, said, ‘Discard the two-children norm. Have 10 instead, don't worry about who will fend for them, god will take care of your kids.’”
“He said there was a need to have more Hindus.”
This controversial seer of Hindus is fond of the 10-children formula to “Save Hindus”. Around this time last year, the saint had outshined BJP’s motormouth MP Sakshi Maharaj and Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Sadhvi Prachi who had urged Hindus to have four children by junking the two-children norm.
Last year, he had said: “While the government wants each couple to have only two children, many families are going for only one child. This is wrong. A single child cannot support even his or her parents. I appeal to parents to have at least 10 children. Make one of them an IAS and the other one a PCS officer. Your third child may be a businessman. Another can be in the armed forces. Some of them may be farmers. Finally, if you are unable to look after a few of the remaining, give them to the sadhus for religious work.”
VHP official Pravin Togadia, who had been lying low for some months after Ghar vapasi or reconversion project earned Narendra Modi-led Central government bad press and rebuke, is back.
“He said that a Central law on banning cow slaughter remained elusive; the dig was directed at the BJP-led government at the Centre. Sharing the dais, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat endorsed Togadia's views.”
- FM Readied Ground To Make Funding Anonymous
- More Communists Died Than Sanghs: Yechury
- Akhilesh's Gomti Project Under CMs Scanner
- India Will be The World's Youngest Country by 2020, With an Average Age of 29
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Parliament Passes Bill To Decriminalise Suicide Attempts By Mentally-Ill People
- Australian Police To Probe If Attack On Kerala Man Was 'Racially-Based'
- Rajya Sabha Will Discuss Aadhaar Being Made Mandatory In Government Schemes On Wednesday
- SC Reserves Verdict On The Appeals Filed By Death Row Convicts In December 16 Gangrape Case
- Assembly Polls 2017: Rajya Sabha To Discuss Conduct Of Goa Governor On Wednesday
- Government Says Delhi And Faridabad Among Top 5 Cities With Worst Air Pollution
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BSF Whistleblower Jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav Is Alive, Wife Denies Rumours Of Death
- Aadhaar Can't Be Mandatory For Welfare Schemes, Can't Stop Govt From Linking Bank Accounts, Says SC
- Class 12 Jaypee International School Student Dies Of Alleged Drug Overdose, Five Nigerian Nationals Booked
- In the land of Chipko, 20-Year-Old Woman Burnt Alive For Protesting Cutting Of Trees