Tamil Nadu Man Murdered For Not Shutting Down Rationalist Whatsapp Group With Atheist Message: Cops
The four-member gang who allegedly killed an atheist man on late Thursday night near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu committed the crime because they were angered by a whatsapp group administered by the victim, the investigating team has found.
According to a report in The Indian Express, the police officers investigating the murder of H Farook have said the gang wanted him to shut down the WhatsApp group that had about 400 Muslims members. Most of these members were inspired by the rationalist ideology advocated by Periyar.
31-year-old Farook had got members from various districts on Tamil Nadu in his whatsapp group. According to the report, he had posted a photo in the group earlier in the month where one of his children was seen holding a placard with the handwritten slogan “Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai (No God, No God, No God)”.
According to police, the attackers had warned him on phone and in person to “stay away from anti-religious activities”.
“More than his rational arguments, they felt that taking such public positions using children was a threat to Islam,” the report quoted an officer.
The police are in look out for the four accused.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- No Evidence Of Attack By The Indian Army:UN
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Canada Denies Entry To Retired CRPF Officer For Serving A Govt That 'Engages In Terrorism'
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy, Suspends Account Of Abhijeet Who Sung Abuses
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response To Aggression: Air Force Chief
- NIA Court Sentences BJP Leader And Two Others For Life Term For Terror Funding In Assam