Tamil Nadu Man Murdered For Not Shutting Down Rationalist Whatsapp Group With Atheist Message: Cops
The four-member gang who allegedly killed an atheist man on late Thursday night near Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu committed the crime because they were angered by a whatsapp group administered by the victim, the investigating team has found.
According to a report in The Indian Express, the police officers investigating the murder of H Farook have said the gang wanted him to shut down the WhatsApp group that had about 400 Muslims members. Most of these members were inspired by the rationalist ideology advocated by Periyar.
31-year-old Farook had got members from various districts on Tamil Nadu in his whatsapp group. According to the report, he had posted a photo in the group earlier in the month where one of his children was seen holding a placard with the handwritten slogan “Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai, Kadavul illai (No God, No God, No God)”.
According to police, the attackers had warned him on phone and in person to “stay away from anti-religious activities”.
“More than his rational arguments, they felt that taking such public positions using children was a threat to Islam,” the report quoted an officer.
The police are in look out for the four accused.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 'Mangalam Appointed Receptionist As Reporter'
- But Nikki Haley, India Had Its First Woman Judge Decades Before Your Parents Emigrated To US
- IMD Doubts Authenticity of High Heat Recorded at Bhira
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Only 40 Per Cent of Engineering Graduates Get Placements: Javadekar
- Phones, Rings, Puppies, Cheque For Rs 15 Lakh: What Commuters Left Behind In Uber Cabs
- IMD Doubts Authenticity of High Heat Recorded at Bhira, Launches Probe
- Nigeria Summons Indian Envoy, Demands 'Diligent Prosecution' After Greater Noida Attacks
- Anna Hazare Says PM Modi Failed on Lokpal, Warns of Launching Another Agitation
- Madhya Pradesh Education Dept To Set Up Control Room To Monitor Teachers' Attendance
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED