'Lady Oriented' Lipstick Under My Burkha To Finally Release On July 28
After a long fight with Censor Board, Konkona SenSharma and Ratna Pathak Shah starrer Lipstick Under My Burkha has finally got a release date.
The Prakash Jha production will release on July 28. Producer Ekta Kapoor has come on-board as presenter and pan-India distributor of the film.
Earlier this year, the Alankrita Shrivastava film was denied certification for being too 'lady oriented'
Starring Konkana Sen Sharma and Ratna Pathak Shah, the film is a feminist drama exploring the sexual escapades of four women living in a small town, rebelling in their own ways against their conventional identities and patriarchal doctrines.
CBFC Chairperson Pahlaj Nihalani had watched the film with the Revising Committe after which a unanimous decision was taken to not certify the film.
The CBFC had denied certification to the movie, saying "The story is lady oriented, their fantasy above life. There are contanious sexual scenes, abusive words, audio pornography and a bit sensitive touch about one particular section of society, hence film refused under guidelines 1(a), 2(vii), 2(ix), 2(x), 2(xi), 2(xii) and 3(i).”
The film has already won the Spirit of Asia Award at the Tokyo International Film Festival and the Oxfam Award for the Best Film on Gender Equality at the Mumbai Film Festival.
Trade analyst Taran Adarsh broke the news on Twitter, writing, "Balaji Motion Pictures present Lipstick Under My Burkha. Produced by Prakash Jha and directed by Alankrita Shrivastava. 28 July 2017 release."
With PTI Inputs
- 'Indians Hate Corruption,' Says PM Modi
- Even At 2 AM, Swaraj Helps Indians In Need, Modi Lauds MEA
- Afghan Air Corridor Shows India's Stubborn Thinking
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Why Are Political Parties Scared Of Speaking Out Loudly About Violence Against Muslims?
- Government Says Letter Asking To Link Property To Aadhaar Is Fake
- Nepal Asks Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurveda To Immediately Recall Six 'Substandard' Products
- Arnab Goswami, You Are The Most Unethical Journalist I Have Ever Seen: Kerala MP’s Open Letter