'A Lapse In Good Judgment'
Dear Mr. Tata,
I welcome your joining this debate. It is an important one and needs to be settled in full public view. Unfortunately, your response is a typical one that ducks the main issues and instead attempts to shoot the messenger!
I am only disappointed, but no longer surprised, that in sharp contrast to my efforts to go out of the way to keep this debate relating to facts and policy discussions – your letter is intensely personal, attributes feeble motives (including amusing Political ones) and most unbecoming of the House of Tatas. I can only think that this is a lapse in good judgment. I particularly find your self-appointed defence of the Prime Minister and Government very irrelevant.
Nevertheless, I promise to keep my response dignified and steadfastly refuse to fall to your level of personal attacks.
On facts, your letter is not just exceptionally weak, but in fact, refuses to engage on the issues that I had raised – the yawning gap between what you say in public and what your companies do. While those remain unanswered, I will certainly reply shortly with my response. I promise to rebut your allegations, claims and innuendo – chapter and verse in the public domain.
Member of Parliament
09 December, 2010
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- PM Modi Calls BSP 'Behenji Sampatti Party'
- India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman
- In A First, CBI Carries Out Searches At Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- After Contentious Trust-Vote, TN CM Palaniswami Announces Raft Of Populist Measures
- Bike Rider Dies After Being Kicked By Horse In Hyderabad
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Government Sends Memorandum To KVIC Over Use Of PM Modi's Picture In Khadi Calendar
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- OPINION: With His Aggressive Statements, Did General Rawat Admit That The Entire Kashmiri Population Is Against The Army?
- Tariq Karra Resigned As MP Six Months Ago Saying Kashmiris Are Butchered. He Joined The Congress Today
- Man Abducted, Then Released By Kidnappers After Gurgaon Traffic Halted Escape
- A Precious Gem From The Archives