'A Lapse In Good Judgment'
Dear Mr. Tata,
I welcome your joining this debate. It is an important one and needs to be settled in full public view. Unfortunately, your response is a typical one that ducks the main issues and instead attempts to shoot the messenger!
I am only disappointed, but no longer surprised, that in sharp contrast to my efforts to go out of the way to keep this debate relating to facts and policy discussions – your letter is intensely personal, attributes feeble motives (including amusing Political ones) and most unbecoming of the House of Tatas. I can only think that this is a lapse in good judgment. I particularly find your self-appointed defence of the Prime Minister and Government very irrelevant.
Nevertheless, I promise to keep my response dignified and steadfastly refuse to fall to your level of personal attacks.
On facts, your letter is not just exceptionally weak, but in fact, refuses to engage on the issues that I had raised – the yawning gap between what you say in public and what your companies do. While those remain unanswered, I will certainly reply shortly with my response. I promise to rebut your allegations, claims and innuendo – chapter and verse in the public domain.
Member of Parliament
09 December, 2010
- Vote To Replace And Repeal Obamacare Cancelled
- Doctors in Maharashtra Call Off Strike
- Shivaji's Statue To Trump China's Tallest
- Law Doesn't Permit MP Ban: Govt
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Herald Case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi Oppose Swamy's Plea
- Sarjah-Bound Air Arabia Flight Makes Emergency Landing in Lucknow After Suffering Bird-Hit
- Ice-Cream Wars: Amul Defends TV Commercial, Says Hindustan Unilever Trying To Frighten It
- London Terror Attack: 2 Men Continue to Be Questioned, 7 Set Free
- Mumbai: Demolish Jinnah House And Build Cultural Centre There, Demands BJP MLA
- India, Bangladesh's Joint Efforts to Continue for Growth: Prez
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BSF Whistleblower Jawan Tej Bahadur Yadav Is Alive, Wife Denies Rumours Of Death
- 'I've Lived With A Mental Illness Victim, I Know The Pain', Says Tharoor Supporting Bill To Decriminalise Suicide Attempt
- Congress No More Has Foot Soldiers To Rebuild Party, What It Has Is Mercenaries Bred By Local Congressmen
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus Named Best Selling Smartphones Of 2016