- Login | Register
- Current Issue
- Most Read
- Back Issues
While author Chetan Bhagat's one book has made its way in Delhi University curriculum, his another bestseller has run into
An in-house Trump staff speechwriter today apologised for using First Lady Michelle Obama's quotes in a speech delivered b
In an embarrassment to Donald Trump, his wife Melania was today accused of plagiarism in her first address to the Republic
Twitter has started deleting tweets from people who steal others' jokes and tweet them as their own on grounds of copyrigh
Former Delhi University VC Deepak Pental has sought dismissal of a professor's plea seeking quashing of a magisterial cou
The Delhi High Court today issued notice to the producers and directors of Aamir Khan starrer PK on a novelist's
The Delhi High Court today sought response from the producers and directors of Aamir Khan starrer film PK on a ple
Avengers director Joss Whedon, who produced and co-wrote the script of The Cabin in the Woods, has been
Delhi High Court today sought response of former Vice Chancellor Deepak Pental on a Delhi University (DU) professor's ple
The Delhi High Court today granted one-day exemption to Delhi University's former Vice Chancellor Deepak Pental from perso
We have heard of films, songs, and now we have fight club pointing out the, well, inspiration for IPL 2010's launch video.
Last time it was the IPL Karmayudh video which was copied from the Yankees Ad. If you dont remember click here to see the original, the copied and filmmaker Prasoon Pandey’s reaction to plagiarism allegations.
Here's the IPL's red-carpet launch:
And here's Coke's China Olympics ad:
A nice version of saare jahaaN se achhaa, though -- unless we find out that the tune's been lifted from somewhere else too...
(Via greatbong on twitter)
Read more here
CM Naim in the Indian Express on Jaswant Singh's Jinnah: India – Partition – Independence:
I have found several cases in the footnotes and endnotes where huge chunks have been copied word-for-word from some source available on the web, with absolutely no acknowledgment of the source:
- On pages 481-2, there is a long (19 lines) ...note -- a verbatim copy of a note that is available on the web
- On page 588, the long (34 lines), equally erudite note ... a meticulous copy of what is available on the web
- Page 623 contains a note (20 lines) on the Muddiman Committe ... stolen it word for word from the “Banglapedia” on the web.
- On page 633, the author has included a note on Ramsay Macdonald; it runs to 25 lines, and faithfully copies what the Indian National Congress has placed on the web
- On pages 634-5, a long note on A K Fazlul Haq: one can find it on the web
Read the full piece at the Indian Express