1984 Anti-Sikh Riots
FEATURED
Interview
The 57-year-old novelist talks about the movements in history and his life that shape his work.
Sep 30, 2013 | Sunil Sethi
My India Story
Refugees from the streets, killers from next door, the terrible violence inside us
Jan 14, 2008 | Mukul Kesavan
Carnage 84
Technically, this was the second important (non-sarkari) report, which brought out, in January 1985, accounts of witnesses alleging that in the late hours of October 31, 1984, local Congress (I) leaders held several meetings all over Delhi to make plans to kill Sikhs and also exploded the myth that the carnage was a "communal riot". Updates
Aug 11, 2005 | Citizens for Democracy |  V.M. Tarkunde
Opinion
The Congress spokesman got it perfectly right when he invoked the "high traditions of sacrifice exemplified by the party" in the much belated resignation offered by Jagdish Tytler. Updates
Aug 10, 2005 | Sundeep Dougal
Citizens Report
More than 20 years later, while the whole country is outraged at the Congress-led UPA's pathetic ATR on the Nanavati Report, way back then in 1984 itself, a joint inquiry by the PUCL and PUDR had come out with a comprehensive report that has been called a prototype for citizen's response. Updates
Aug 08, 2005 | Peoples Union for Civil Liberties (PUCL) |  People's Union for Democratic Rights (PUDR)
Essay
The celebrated writer's seminal 1995 essay from the New Yorker, about October 31, 1984
Oct 31, 2002 | Amitav Ghosh
BLOGS
Pond Of Trilokpuri: 1984
Chapter 84: Cobrapost Sting on Delhi Sikh Carnage
'The Difference Between 1984 And 2002'
How Rahul Gandhi Completely Flunked The 1984-2002 Test
The Case Against Modi Is Not Weakened By 1984
What About 1984?
Jagdish Tytler: A Recap
31 October, 1984
Jagdish Tytler: A Reminder
Three Cheers!

PHOTOESSAYS
1984 Survivors
For the survivors of the '84 carnage, the past is something permanent. Life carries on, but the shadow behind you never goes away.
Magazine | Oct 19, 2009
ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISING RATES | COPYRIGHT & DISCLAIMER | COMMENTS POLICY

OUTLOOK TOPICS:    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z  0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   
Or just type in a few initial letters of a topic: