Yuvraj Singh's Father Arrested in Family Brawl Case
Former Test cricketer Yograj Singh, who is father of Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, was arrested along with three others today in a brawl case over a car parking issue, police said.
The cricketer-turned-actor was arrested from Panchkula after a case under various sections of the IPC, including trespassing and criminal intimidation, was registered against him in a late-night brawl over a car parking issue, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Panchkula, Rahul Sharma said today.
Yograj and four others were later granted bail by the Panchkula Sessions Court, he said.
The incident took place when Yograj's friend Bhupinder and his (Yograj) NRI cousin Kuljeet Kaur, along with her children, returned to their Panchkula residence after attending a birthday party with the cricketer last night.
The trouble arose when Bhupinder started parking his car, to which his neighbour, a retired DSP, along with his two sons, raised an objection, he said.
As the two sides entered into a heated argument, Bhupinder telephoned Yograj who arrived there along with some other persons, the DCP said.
When Yograj reached the spot, a clash took place between Yograj, his friend, and NRI relatives on one side and the neighbour and his relatives on the other side, Sharma said.
According to the complaint lodged by the neighbour, Yograj and his friends allegedly attacked him (DSP) and his two sons, he said.
However, Yograj alleged that it was the DSP and his sons who attacked his relatives, including women, and they had suffered sharp injuries.
Cross FIRs had been lodged under various sections of the IPC and five persons -- Yograj, Bhupinder, the DSP, and his two sons -- were taken into custody, Sharma said.
Later, a case under various Sections of the IPC including house trespass, rioting, causing hurt, and criminal intimidation had been registered against Yograj and Bhupinder while a case of causing injuries and criminal intimidation had been registered against the retired DSP and two others.
All five have been granted bail by the sessions court here, police said.
56-year-old Yograj had recently undergone surgery to remove a throat tumour in the United States.
Yograj is a noted actor and has done many films, most of them Punjabi. He did a cameo in the Milkha Singh's biopic Bhaag Milkha Bhaag last year.
FROM OUTLOOKSportsNursing a badly bruised ego, a post-surgery Kiwiteam aim to rediscover the elusive art of flying...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNEWS ANALYSISUnpredictable in politics as in cricket, Navjot Simore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESK J M Varma Islamabad, Feb 7 (PTI) Former skmore from WIRES>>>
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- My Induction in Maharashtra Council Was Rahul's Sudden Decision: Rane
- 5.4 Magnitude Quake Shakes Tokyo
- Antrix-Devas Deal: India to Appeal Against Hague Tribunal's Verdict
- Cong Asks Govt to Stop Campaign of 'Innuendos' in Augusta Case
- Akhlaq's Family Questions Authenticity of Mathura Lab Report
- Let Journos Report Proceedings Without Undue Restrictions: IPI
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED