Yuvraj Singh's Father Arrested in Family Brawl Case
Former Test cricketer Yograj Singh, who is father of Indian batsman Yuvraj Singh, was arrested along with three others today in a brawl case over a car parking issue, police said.
The cricketer-turned-actor was arrested from Panchkula after a case under various sections of the IPC, including trespassing and criminal intimidation, was registered against him in a late-night brawl over a car parking issue, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Panchkula, Rahul Sharma said today.
Yograj and four others were later granted bail by the Panchkula Sessions Court, he said.
The incident took place when Yograj's friend Bhupinder and his (Yograj) NRI cousin Kuljeet Kaur, along with her children, returned to their Panchkula residence after attending a birthday party with the cricketer last night.
The trouble arose when Bhupinder started parking his car, to which his neighbour, a retired DSP, along with his two sons, raised an objection, he said.
As the two sides entered into a heated argument, Bhupinder telephoned Yograj who arrived there along with some other persons, the DCP said.
When Yograj reached the spot, a clash took place between Yograj, his friend, and NRI relatives on one side and the neighbour and his relatives on the other side, Sharma said.
According to the complaint lodged by the neighbour, Yograj and his friends allegedly attacked him (DSP) and his two sons, he said.
However, Yograj alleged that it was the DSP and his sons who attacked his relatives, including women, and they had suffered sharp injuries.
Cross FIRs had been lodged under various sections of the IPC and five persons -- Yograj, Bhupinder, the DSP, and his two sons -- were taken into custody, Sharma said.
Later, a case under various Sections of the IPC including house trespass, rioting, causing hurt, and criminal intimidation had been registered against Yograj and Bhupinder while a case of causing injuries and criminal intimidation had been registered against the retired DSP and two others.
All five have been granted bail by the sessions court here, police said.
56-year-old Yograj had recently undergone surgery to remove a throat tumour in the United States.
Yograj is a noted actor and has done many films, most of them Punjabi. He did a cameo in the Milkha Singh's biopic Bhaag Milkha Bhaag last year.
- Infiltration Bid Foiled in Kashmir, Four Militants Killed
- Kushner Proposed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Diplomat
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10