YSRC Stalls House Proceedings Over Violence in Assembly
The Opposition YSR Congress raised the issue of alleged political violence in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the second consecutive day today leading to stalling of House proceedings post-Question Hour.
The YSRC members stood in the Well and raised slogans like "we want justice", seeking debate on the alleged political violence, to which Speaker K Sivaprasada Rao said they should let the House take up its business as the notice given by them has been posted for tomorrow.
TDP member Dhulipala Narendra alleged that Leader of Opposition Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is trying to sling mud at the TDP government by "stating things which are not true".
The Speaker appealed to the Opposition members to resume their seats as the Leader of the House (Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu) sought to make a statement (on a different issue).
The Speaker adjourned the House for 15 minutes as his appeals went unheeded.
Legislative Affairs Minister Y Ramakrishnudu said the Opposition needs to follow the rules and traditions of the House and that public interest should not suffer.
Wondering what is more important than precious human lives, YSRC leader Jaganmohan Reddy favoured debate on the alleged murders in the last three months since TDP came to power.
Referring to Reddy talking about the three months since TDP assumed office, Ramakrishnudu said what happened since 2004 during late YS Rajasekhara Reddy's regime can also be discussed.
As the YSRC members continued with their demand, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
The Question Hour was, however, conducted as per the schedule when the House met this morning.
The YSRC had demanded a debate on the law and order issue yesterday too.
FROM OUTLOOKassembly pollsIt's realignments galore as key players bicker or switch sides in the run-up to the polls...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBAssembly elections 2001In the end there was no constitutional crisis as fmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESThe newly elected members of Jammu and Kashmir Assmore from WIRES>>>
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED