YSRC Stalls House Proceedings Over Violence in Assembly
The Opposition YSR Congress raised the issue of alleged political violence in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly for the second consecutive day today leading to stalling of House proceedings post-Question Hour.
The YSRC members stood in the Well and raised slogans like "we want justice", seeking debate on the alleged political violence, to which Speaker K Sivaprasada Rao said they should let the House take up its business as the notice given by them has been posted for tomorrow.
TDP member Dhulipala Narendra alleged that Leader of Opposition Y S Jaganmohan Reddy is trying to sling mud at the TDP government by "stating things which are not true".
The Speaker appealed to the Opposition members to resume their seats as the Leader of the House (Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu) sought to make a statement (on a different issue).
The Speaker adjourned the House for 15 minutes as his appeals went unheeded.
Legislative Affairs Minister Y Ramakrishnudu said the Opposition needs to follow the rules and traditions of the House and that public interest should not suffer.
Wondering what is more important than precious human lives, YSRC leader Jaganmohan Reddy favoured debate on the alleged murders in the last three months since TDP came to power.
Referring to Reddy talking about the three months since TDP assumed office, Ramakrishnudu said what happened since 2004 during late YS Rajasekhara Reddy's regime can also be discussed.
As the YSRC members continued with their demand, the Speaker adjourned the House for the day.
The Question Hour was, however, conducted as per the schedule when the House met this morning.
The YSRC had demanded a debate on the law and order issue yesterday too.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Watch: Delhi College Guard Brutally Beats Street Dog To Death, Case Registered After Video Goes Viral
- Modi Promised 'Acche Din' Like SRK In DDLJ, Ended Up Being Sholay's Gabbar, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Pakistan Senate Passes Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan Starrer Biopic No Bed of Roses