Youth Dies During Physical Ability Test
A 28-year-old youth died during physical ability test for recruitment as sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh police, a senior police official said today.
Six out of 100 aspirants, who ran for 10 kilometre race which is part of the physical ability test, felt unconscious yesterday, Senior Superintendent of Police J Ravindra Gaud said.
He said that six youths - Nitin, Arif, Achal Sharma, Sugandh Upadhyaya, Sanjeev and Zulfikaar were taken to the district hospital.
The SSP said that while five regained consciousness, condition of Nitin did not improve and was shifted to another hospital where he died during treatment late night.
The cause of death would be known after the post mortem, he added.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED