You'll Be Risking Your Children's Lives If You Vote for BJP, Warns Kejriwal
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal today attacked the ruling BJP in the three civic bodies,saying it had become synonymous with chikhungunya, malaria, dengue and garbage and the people of Delhi would be risking their children's lives if they voted for the party in the April 23 MCD polls.
"If you vote for the BJP and if your child falls prey to chikunngya or dengue, you are responsible for it. I can offer free treatment to your child in (the Delhi government) hospitals, but what led to him contracting dengue.
"If someone in your home falls ill then you are responsible because you voted for the party which is synonymous to chikhungunya, malaria, dengue and garbage," he said in a stinging attack on the BJP as the city goes to the polls on Sunday.
The BJP is in power in the three municipal corporations of Delhi (MCDs) since 2007.
Making a fervent appeal to vote for an "honest Aam Aadmi Party", the Chief Minister said his party will clean Delhi in a year and eradicate vector-borne diseases in the next three years.
He said that the Congress is "dead" in Delhi and at the national level, and voting for them would mean "wasting your vote."
Kejriwal also alleged that with just two days left for the MCD polls, the BJP and the Congress are resorting to the "cheap politics" by engineering the water and power shortages.
"The BJP and the Congress are stealing oil from the power transformers and ensuring that there is power shortage. They are doing it deliberately and resorting to cheap politics by disrupting water and power supply," he alleged.
"Your fight is with me, so do not harm the people of Delhi," he said, adding that such acts will continue till Sunday, the polling day.
Kejriwal also accused the BJP of trying to mask its "misdeeds" by asking people to vote for the party in the name of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- 22 Killed, Many Injured In Blast At Pop Concert In UK
- It Will Be A Challenging Journey, But Worth Fighting For: Vishal Sikka Tells Infosys Shareholders
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10