Yogi And Team Will Make UP 'Uttam Pradesh': PM Modi
As the Yogi Adityanath-led government took over in Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi today said the "sole mission and motive is development" of the state, in an apparent bid to allay apprehensions over the hardline Hindutva mascot becoming the Chief Minister.
Modi, while noting that BJP had formed the government in four out of five states that went to the polls recently, said, "Our unwavering efforts to create a 'Bhavya' (great) & 'Divya' (brilliant) Bharat (India) continue. India's Jan Shakti is powering the rise of a new & transformed India."
Congratulations to Yogi Adityanath Ji, Keshav Prasad Maurya Ji, Dinesh Sharma Ji & all those who took oath today. Best wishes for serving UP— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 19, 2017
In a series of tweets just after attending the swearing- in ceremony of Adityanath and his council of ministers in Lucknow, the Prime Minister expressed confidence that the new government will work for "record development" for Uttar Pradesh.
"Congratulations to Yogi Adityanath Ji, Keshav Prasad Maurya Ji, Dinesh Sharma Ji & all those who took oath today. Best wishes for serving UP," he wrote.
"Our sole mission & motive is development. When UP develops, India develops. We want to serve UP's youth & create opportunities for them," Modi added.
The Prime Minister's insistence on development being the only aim of the Adityanath government appears to be an attempt to allay apprehensions that some quarters may have over the hardline Hindutva mascot taking over as the Chief Minister.
44-year-old Adityanath, a five-term Lok Sabha MP, is known for his provocative speeches and never shies away from making controversial remarks, be it about Islam or Pakistan.
"I have immense confidence that this new team (led by Adityanath) will leave no stone unturned in making UP Uttam Pradesh (foremost state). There will be record development," Modi said.
In another tweet, the Prime Minister said, "With the blessings of people & hardwork of our Karyakartas the BJP has formed governments in 4 out of the 5 states that went to the polls."
He added, "Our unwavering efforts to create a 'Bhavya' (great) & 'Divya' (brilliant) Bharat (India) continue. India's Jan Shakti is powering
- Dhinakaran Case: Delhi Police Quiz Men On Cash Trail Trajectory
- Judge Who Granted Bail to Prajapati Suspended
- Male Chauvinism Can't Be: SC
- Global Press Freedom At 13-Year Low: Survey
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Judge Who Granted Bail to Former UP Minister Prajapati Suspended
- French Ship in Japan for Naval Drill as N Korea Tensions Rise
- Sharif's Decision to Sack Aide 'Incomplete' Action, Says Army
- Indian Techie's Death Penalty Upheld in US
- Turkey, US Can Turn Raqa Into 'Graveyard' for IS: Erdogan
- Kejriwal Has Record of Making Mistakes, Seeking Apology, Says Manoj Tiwari
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Prepare for 'Movement' If Exit Poll Results Come True, Says Kejriwal
- Sukhma Naxal Ambush Is An Act Of Cowardice, Says HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar
- Naxals Using Tribals As Human Shield, Govt to Review Anti-Naxal Strategy: Rajnath Singh
- 'Hafiz Saeed Not A Terrorist,' Pervez Musharraf Denies His Involvement in Mumbai Attacks