Yogi Adityanath Should Be Banned From Campaigning: SP
Samajwadi Party today demanded the Election Commission to impose a ban on BJP MP Yogi Adityanath from campaigning of bypolls to 11 Assembly and one Lok Sabha seats in Uttar Pradesh, slated for September 13 next, for his alleged remarks on "love jihad".
"The party has already written a letter to the commission to take action against Adityanath trying to incite communal passion by raising the issue of love jihad again and now it demands that he should be banned from campaigning," SP spokesman Rajendra Chaudhary here said.
He alleged that to benefit BJP in bypolls for 11 seats of Assembly and one of Lok Sabha, Adityanath was continuously making provocative comments.
He said but now as the BJP MP has become more vocal, a ban should be imposed on him from campaigning.
"We have demanded the EC to take action against Adityanath let's see what it does. We will wait, but if the EC does not take any action then we will talk to the top leadership after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav returns from the Netherlands' visit and decide further strategy this week," Chaudhary said.
He alleged that as a part of strategy, BJP withdrew from the issue of "love jihad" during its state executive meeting, but "it was fuelling the issue behind the curtains through organisations like VHP, Hindu Yuva Vahini and Bajrang Dal".
Terming dharna from BJP MPs from Uttar Pradesh against power crisis as farce, the spokesman alleged that they were only indulging into politics.
"BJP MPs are indulging into gimmickry on the issue of power crisis, law and order. They don't believe in Mahatma Gandhi, but they are staging a dharna infront of his statue. They are not concerned with issues related to the people," he alleged.
Chaudhary said the BJP MPs were not talking to the Centre on the issue of power crisis.
"They are not cooperating and we will raise this issue before the people in by-elections," he said.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman