World's Tallest Man at 8 Ft 4 Inch Dies in Ukraine
A Ukrainian farmer, believed to be the world's tallest man at 8ft 4 inches, has died aged 44.
Leonid Stadnyk, from the Ukrainian village of Podoliantsy, died Sunday from a brain haemorrhage after health problems.
Stadnyk's feet measured almost 18 inches in length while his palms were more than a foot in diameter. He slept on a billiard table as the bed was not big enough for him.
However, he was too shy to be measured for the Guinness World record books, mirror.co.uk reported.
"To me, my height is a curse, a punishment from God, not something to celebrate," Stadnyk had said in an interview.
"I don't want or need the fame that this would bring so I have no desire to be in this Guinness book," he had said.
At the age of 12, a benign brain tumour over-stimulated Stadnyk's body's production of a growth hormone.
At one point, his condition, called gigantism, left him growing at the rate of roughly a foot every three years.
According to a Guinness World Records spokeswoman, Stadnyk was contacted but seemed like "a very shy guy."
"He doesn't want us around," she had said.
The Guinness record for the tallest living man in the world is held by Sultan Kosen of Turkey, who measured at 8ft 3 inches in February 2011.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events