World's Tallest Man at 8 Ft 4 Inch Dies in Ukraine
A Ukrainian farmer, believed to be the world's tallest man at 8ft 4 inches, has died aged 44.
Leonid Stadnyk, from the Ukrainian village of Podoliantsy, died Sunday from a brain haemorrhage after health problems.
Stadnyk's feet measured almost 18 inches in length while his palms were more than a foot in diameter. He slept on a billiard table as the bed was not big enough for him.
However, he was too shy to be measured for the Guinness World record books, mirror.co.uk reported.
"To me, my height is a curse, a punishment from God, not something to celebrate," Stadnyk had said in an interview.
"I don't want or need the fame that this would bring so I have no desire to be in this Guinness book," he had said.
At the age of 12, a benign brain tumour over-stimulated Stadnyk's body's production of a growth hormone.
At one point, his condition, called gigantism, left him growing at the rate of roughly a foot every three years.
According to a Guinness World Records spokeswoman, Stadnyk was contacted but seemed like "a very shy guy."
"He doesn't want us around," she had said.
The Guinness record for the tallest living man in the world is held by Sultan Kosen of Turkey, who measured at 8ft 3 inches in February 2011.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia