'Won't Let Imam Barkati Perform Namaz', Say Protestors In Kolkata
Chaos prevailed outside the Tipu Sultan Masjid on Friday when a group of men said that they won't allow Imam Syed Noor-ur-Rehman Barkati perform the namaz.
The controversial Imam Barkati was sacked from the position of Shahi Imam of the Tipu Sultan Masjid earlier this week.
On Friday, he was allegedly attacked by a protestor who demanded that he vacate the masjid.
"Someone hit me from behind on my head. I suspect the Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) is behind this attack, as they are taking advantage of the situation created by the masjid committee," Barkati told ANI.
Barkati said he was attacked for raising his voice against the injustices being done and warned the RSS not to indulge in such dirty games.
"This happened because I raised my voice for what is right and for justice. I just want the law to take its course. I have been humiliated a lot today," he said.
Imam Barkati is infamous for issuing fatwa against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and defying the central government's order on the use of the red beacon. (ANI)
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10