Woman Who Took on Attackers Receives Rs 1 Lakh Reward
A woman, who took on a group of attackers after they assaulted her husband following a road accident here, was today given a reward of Rs 1 lakh by the Uttar Pradesh government.
SSP Onkar Singh and SDM Navneet Chahal today went to Mamata Yadav's house in Shatabdi Nagar area and handed over the cheque to her, said a police spokesman.
Thanking the government, Mamata said all women who show courage like her should be awarded.
Meanwhile, she today submitted a complaint to the police regarding the incident, the spokesman said.
On Tuesday, Mamata took on a group of attackers singlehandedly as they assaulted her husband after hitting the couple's bike with their car in a busy street while no one came forward to help her.
According to police, the incident occurred at 'kacheri pul' area when a Santro car hit the bike of the woman and her husband.
They said the youths who were in the car alighted and started assaulting Mamata's husband following which she tried to resist the attackers by showering them with blows.
Mamata said she and her husband sought help from the people present at the scene but no one came forward.
One of the accused, Ankit, a resident of village Bana in Mawana, was arrested yesterday following a complaint from a home guard Babu Ram, who was an eyewitness to the incident.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10