Woman Who Took on Attackers Receives Rs 1 Lakh Reward
A woman, who took on a group of attackers after they assaulted her husband following a road accident here, was today given a reward of Rs 1 lakh by the Uttar Pradesh government.
SSP Onkar Singh and SDM Navneet Chahal today went to Mamata Yadav's house in Shatabdi Nagar area and handed over the cheque to her, said a police spokesman.
Thanking the government, Mamata said all women who show courage like her should be awarded.
Meanwhile, she today submitted a complaint to the police regarding the incident, the spokesman said.
On Tuesday, Mamata took on a group of attackers singlehandedly as they assaulted her husband after hitting the couple's bike with their car in a busy street while no one came forward to help her.
According to police, the incident occurred at 'kacheri pul' area when a Santro car hit the bike of the woman and her husband.
They said the youths who were in the car alighted and started assaulting Mamata's husband following which she tried to resist the attackers by showering them with blows.
Mamata said she and her husband sought help from the people present at the scene but no one came forward.
One of the accused, Ankit, a resident of village Bana in Mawana, was arrested yesterday following a complaint from a home guard Babu Ram, who was an eyewitness to the incident.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan