Woman Who Took on Attackers Receives Rs 1 Lakh Reward
A woman, who took on a group of attackers after they assaulted her husband following a road accident here, was today given a reward of Rs 1 lakh by the Uttar Pradesh government.
SSP Onkar Singh and SDM Navneet Chahal today went to Mamata Yadav's house in Shatabdi Nagar area and handed over the cheque to her, said a police spokesman.
Thanking the government, Mamata said all women who show courage like her should be awarded.
Meanwhile, she today submitted a complaint to the police regarding the incident, the spokesman said.
On Tuesday, Mamata took on a group of attackers singlehandedly as they assaulted her husband after hitting the couple's bike with their car in a busy street while no one came forward to help her.
According to police, the incident occurred at 'kacheri pul' area when a Santro car hit the bike of the woman and her husband.
They said the youths who were in the car alighted and started assaulting Mamata's husband following which she tried to resist the attackers by showering them with blows.
Mamata said she and her husband sought help from the people present at the scene but no one came forward.
One of the accused, Ankit, a resident of village Bana in Mawana, was arrested yesterday following a complaint from a home guard Babu Ram, who was an eyewitness to the incident.
- Rs 2000 Notes By 'Children's Bank Of India'
- Hafiz Saeed Challenge House Arrest
- Amnesty Blames Trump In Global Rollback of Rights.
- US Plans To Deport Undocumented Immigrants
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Are Making Mockery Of Environment': NGT Issues Notice To Karnataka Over Bellandur Lake
- 'BJP Will Get Full Majority', Amit Shah Rules Out Any Post-Poll Alliance
- Snapdeal Founders Kunal Bahl, Rohit Bansal Take 100% Salary Cut
- Over A Lakh Ola And Uber Drivers Begin Indefinite Strike In Bengaluru
- Aamir Khan's Ad on BMC Sparks Controversy, Sena, Congress Accuses It of 'Influencing Voters'
- Nadella Pitches for Poor, Unveils India-Centric Tech for Semi-Skilled
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- In A First, CBI Carries Out Searches At Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Don't Endorse The 'Donkeys Of Gujarat', Akhilesh Tells Amitabh Bachchan
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman