Woman Gangraped in Chhattisgarh
A 26-year-old married woman was allegedly gangraped by four unidentified youth, who dumped her in a half-naked and unconscious state near a canal in Chhattisgarh's Bilaspur district, police said today.
The offence took place on Monday evening near Belsari village when the victim was returning from her friend's place, Bilaspur Additional Superintendent of Police (Rural) J R Thakur said.
As per the statement of the woman, a native of Bilaspur, she had gone to meet her friend in Janakpur village. When she was heading towards Takhatpur to catch a bus to Bilaspur, four youth on two motorbikes approached her and offered her lift, he said.
Finding her alone on the road, the accused allegedly threatened her to get on to the bike. The four then took her to a nearby canal where they forced her to consume liquor following which they sexually assaulted her, the ASP said.
The four men then fled from the spot leaving the woman in an unconscious state, he said.
Yesterday morning, some locals spotted the woman and immediately informed the police, he said.
Later, the victim was rushed to a local community health centre from where she was shifted to a hospital in Bilaspur, he said.
Based on her complaint, a case has been registered against the accused under sections 366 (abduction), 376(d) (gangrape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC, Thakur said, adding that efforts were on to nab them.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED