Woman Alleges TMC Leader Giving Call for Ostracism
A woman today alleged that a Trinamool Congress leader in Burdwan town had threatened to ostracise her family socially for going to the police on a complaint, but the leader denied the charge as baseless.
The woman, Sushma Shyam, complained to him that TMC leader Dhananjay Pal had asked residents of Raina area to socially boycott her family, District Magistrate Soumitra Mohan said.
The woman alleged that Pal had called for her social boycott for complaining to the police about assault of her daughter, Swarnali, a Class IX student, allegedly by the headmistress of Korar Radhakishore High School, Mohan said.
The District Magistrate said he was looking into the matter.
The woman said that she had complained to Pal first, but when he did not act, she went to the police.
The woman's daughter, Swarnali, was beaten up allegedly by the headmistress Tanushree Sen on Saturday for failing to submit forms for the Madhyamik Examination, the police said.
Denying the allegation that he had given a call for ostracising the woman's family, Pal said that her going to the police demonstrated that she had no faith in the party.
"We will not help her any more in this matter. But, we have not asked anybody to boycott her socially. This is baseless," he said.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED