Woman Alleges TMC Leader Giving Call for Ostracism
A woman today alleged that a Trinamool Congress leader in Burdwan town had threatened to ostracise her family socially for going to the police on a complaint, but the leader denied the charge as baseless.
The woman, Sushma Shyam, complained to him that TMC leader Dhananjay Pal had asked residents of Raina area to socially boycott her family, District Magistrate Soumitra Mohan said.
The woman alleged that Pal had called for her social boycott for complaining to the police about assault of her daughter, Swarnali, a Class IX student, allegedly by the headmistress of Korar Radhakishore High School, Mohan said.
The District Magistrate said he was looking into the matter.
The woman said that she had complained to Pal first, but when he did not act, she went to the police.
The woman's daughter, Swarnali, was beaten up allegedly by the headmistress Tanushree Sen on Saturday for failing to submit forms for the Madhyamik Examination, the police said.
Denying the allegation that he had given a call for ostracising the woman's family, Pal said that her going to the police demonstrated that she had no faith in the party.
"We will not help her any more in this matter. But, we have not asked anybody to boycott her socially. This is baseless," he said.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED