Woman Alleges TMC Leader Giving Call for Ostracism
A woman today alleged that a Trinamool Congress leader in Burdwan town had threatened to ostracise her family socially for going to the police on a complaint, but the leader denied the charge as baseless.
The woman, Sushma Shyam, complained to him that TMC leader Dhananjay Pal had asked residents of Raina area to socially boycott her family, District Magistrate Soumitra Mohan said.
The woman alleged that Pal had called for her social boycott for complaining to the police about assault of her daughter, Swarnali, a Class IX student, allegedly by the headmistress of Korar Radhakishore High School, Mohan said.
The District Magistrate said he was looking into the matter.
The woman said that she had complained to Pal first, but when he did not act, she went to the police.
The woman's daughter, Swarnali, was beaten up allegedly by the headmistress Tanushree Sen on Saturday for failing to submit forms for the Madhyamik Examination, the police said.
Denying the allegation that he had given a call for ostracising the woman's family, Pal said that her going to the police demonstrated that she had no faith in the party.
"We will not help her any more in this matter. But, we have not asked anybody to boycott her socially. This is baseless," he said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan