Woman Alleges Man of Rape on Pretext of Marriage
A 22-year-old man has been booked for allegedly raping a woman on a false promise of marriage, police said today.
The woman filed a complaint against Anil, with whom she had a live-in relationship after he had proposed to her. They used to study in the same college and were staying together in a rented flat in SGM Nagar here, police said.
In the complaint, the woman alleged that she was repeatedly raped by Anil and he abused her before asking her to leave the accommodation where they were living together. He also refused to marry her, as he had promised earlier, she alleged, following which she approached the police.
A case of rape has been filed against Anil and a man hunt has been launched to nab him, police said.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED