Woman Allegedly Gangraped, Forced to Convert in Meerut
Three persons have been arrested in connection with an alleged abduction, gang rape and religious conversion of a 20-year-old woman in Kharkhauda area of Meerut district, police said.
"Three persons have been arrested in this connection so far," Inspector General of Police (law and order) Amrendra Singh Sengar told reporters.
Referring to a cut mark on the abdomen of the victim, he said that medical examination was being conducted.
"The medical examination is being conducted to ascertain several aspects. This aspect will also be looked into in further examination," Sengar said.
He said that for delay in lodging the FIR and failing to take prompt action in the matter, Kharkhauda Station House Officer Dinesh Kumar Singh has been removed from the post and sent to police lines.
Tension gripped Meerut district's Kharkhauda and Atrada area here as members of a particular community attacked and pelted stone at the houses of members of another community last night, over the alleged gang rape and religious conversion of the woman.
Police and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed in the area to bring the situation under control.
According to Superintendent of Police (rural) Captain M S Begh, the victim's father had lodged a complaint at Kharkhauda police station against village head Nawab Khan, cleric Sallaullah, his wife and daughter Nishat for abduction and rape.
The complainant alleged that Nawab along with five others abducted his daughter on July 23 and took her to a madarsa where they raped and illegally confined her. They also forcefully made her sign some papers related to religious conversion.
Begh said, the woman managed to escape and returned to her house on July 30 and narrated her ordeal to her parents.
He said the woman's medical examination has confirmed rape and cuts were found on her abdomen. He rejected media reports that the girl's kidney had been removed.
Meerut District Magistrate Pankaj Yadav said Sallaullah, his wife and daughter have been arrested in the matter.
Since the incident occurred in Hapur area, he said the post magisterial inquiry into the matter will be taken by Hapur District Magistrate.
A magisterial inquiry into the incident will be conducted by Deputy District Collector S P Singh, who will submit a report within a week, District Magistrate (Hapur) Rajesh Kumar Singh said.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman