Woman Allegedly Gangraped by Unidentified Men in Thane
A recently married woman was allegedly gangraped by three unidentified persons in Thane district's Bhiwandi town, police said today.
The woman, around 20 years of age and hailing from Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh, got married in May this year.
The couple had come to live with the husband's father, a powerloom worker, at Mithpada chawl in Bhiwandi about a week back, Nizampura assistant police inspector Tilani Sayyed said.
When the couple was asleep in the wee hours yesterday, the three men barged into their house at around 1 AM and beat them up.
The three accused, around 25-30 years of age, then forcibly took the woman' outside the house and later gangraped her, he said.
The trio also robbed the woman's jewellery worth about Rs 15,000, he said.
Offences have been registered under sections 376(d) (rape), 452 (house-trespass after preparation for hurt, assault or wrongful restraint) and 394 (voluntarily causing hurt in committing robbery) of the IPC, the API said, adding that a manhunt has been launched to nab the culprits.
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- Two Police Officers Shot at in San Diego: Police Department
- Curfew, Restrictions Re-Imposed in Kashmir
- Indian National Accused of Drug Smuggling Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- MPs Demand Govt Response on Bank Strike in Rajya Sabha
- Lack of Governance in Punjab: Amarinder Singh
- Taking Steps to Address Population Explosion: Govt to HC
- Rajnath Speaks to J&K CM, Discusses Kashmir Situation
- No Bilateral Meeting With Pak Leaders During Rajnath's Visit: MEA
- Singaporean Detained Over ISIS Activities
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED