Woman Accuses Afghan of Rape, Retracts Allegation Later
Hours after she accused an Afghan national of raping her, a 22-year-old woman, hailing from Darjeeling, retracted her allegation when produced before a magistrate, in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi today.
On the woman's allegation, police had even registered an FIR and arrested the Afghan on charges of rape.
The drama began at 3.15 AM when the woman and her friend made a PCR call that she was raped and thrown onto the street by the Afghan.
"A police team rushed to the address and brought the two women and the man to Malviya Nagar police station. All of them were heavily drunk and kept changing their statements at the drop of the hat. She even refused to undergo a medical test," said a senior police official.
The police, in the meantime, registered a case of rape and arrested the Afghan youth.
"However, by the time we presented the women before a magistrate to record their statements, they had come back to their senses. The woman told the magistrate that she had had a quarrel with the youth and made a call of rape after she fell from a staircase and injured herself," the official said.
No action was taken against the women either by the court or the police.
The Afghan, working as a waiter at a restaurant in Hauz Rani area of south Delhi, had come to the city almost a year back and was staying even after his visa expired, police said, adding, the women, both residents of Munirka, worked as beauticians and had known the Afghan since a few months back.
- PM Inaugurates India's Longest Bridge in Assam
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10