Woman Accuses Afghan of Rape, Retracts Allegation Later
Hours after she accused an Afghan national of raping her, a 22-year-old woman, hailing from Darjeeling, retracted her allegation when produced before a magistrate, in Malviya Nagar area of south Delhi today.
On the woman's allegation, police had even registered an FIR and arrested the Afghan on charges of rape.
The drama began at 3.15 AM when the woman and her friend made a PCR call that she was raped and thrown onto the street by the Afghan.
"A police team rushed to the address and brought the two women and the man to Malviya Nagar police station. All of them were heavily drunk and kept changing their statements at the drop of the hat. She even refused to undergo a medical test," said a senior police official.
The police, in the meantime, registered a case of rape and arrested the Afghan youth.
"However, by the time we presented the women before a magistrate to record their statements, they had come back to their senses. The woman told the magistrate that she had had a quarrel with the youth and made a call of rape after she fell from a staircase and injured herself," the official said.
No action was taken against the women either by the court or the police.
The Afghan, working as a waiter at a restaurant in Hauz Rani area of south Delhi, had come to the city almost a year back and was staying even after his visa expired, police said, adding, the women, both residents of Munirka, worked as beauticians and had known the Afghan since a few months back.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED