Will Fight Bihar Elections Under Sushil's Leaership: BJP Min
Amid intense speculations as who would lead BJP in the crucial Bihar polls next year, senior party leader and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh today said elections would be fought under the leadership of Sushil Kumar Modi.
"Sushil Kumar Modi is our leader in Bihar. Be it party workers, supporters or the common people, he is acceptable to all. We'll fight the coming Bihar Assembly elections under his leadership," Singh told reporters at state party headquarters here.
Singh stopped short of declaring Sushil Modi the chief ministerial candidate, but reiterated that Sushil Modi was the most popular, well known leader and face of the BJP in the state.
The union minister's assertions came amid hot debate as who would be chief ministerial candidate of the BJP in the state. His taking name of Sushil Modi for CM post during a state executive meeting recently had triggered controversy as large number of leaders claimed eligibility for the coveted post.
On Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi's statement that the 'Jan Dhan' scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday was "old wine in new bottle", Singh said "those who failed to do it are now saying these things".
"If Jan-Dhan scheme is old wine in new bottle, I am surprised why no chief minister did its marketing in Bihar till now. There was no such scheme in the country under which a person would get a debit card with an accidental insurance cover of Rs one lakh besides other benefits," he said.
"My guess is that somebody misinformed Manjhi and he repeated it without thinking. Otherwise, he is a very experienced and seasoned politician," Singh said.
The union minister is in Bihar to participate in the review meetings of BJP over Bihar Assembly by-poll results and preparations for the next state elections in 2015.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman