Will Fight Bihar Elections Under Sushil's Leaership: BJP Min
Amid intense speculations as who would lead BJP in the crucial Bihar polls next year, senior party leader and Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh today said elections would be fought under the leadership of Sushil Kumar Modi.
"Sushil Kumar Modi is our leader in Bihar. Be it party workers, supporters or the common people, he is acceptable to all. We'll fight the coming Bihar Assembly elections under his leadership," Singh told reporters at state party headquarters here.
Singh stopped short of declaring Sushil Modi the chief ministerial candidate, but reiterated that Sushil Modi was the most popular, well known leader and face of the BJP in the state.
The union minister's assertions came amid hot debate as who would be chief ministerial candidate of the BJP in the state. His taking name of Sushil Modi for CM post during a state executive meeting recently had triggered controversy as large number of leaders claimed eligibility for the coveted post.
On Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi's statement that the 'Jan Dhan' scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday was "old wine in new bottle", Singh said "those who failed to do it are now saying these things".
"If Jan-Dhan scheme is old wine in new bottle, I am surprised why no chief minister did its marketing in Bihar till now. There was no such scheme in the country under which a person would get a debit card with an accidental insurance cover of Rs one lakh besides other benefits," he said.
"My guess is that somebody misinformed Manjhi and he repeated it without thinking. Otherwise, he is a very experienced and seasoned politician," Singh said.
The union minister is in Bihar to participate in the review meetings of BJP over Bihar Assembly by-poll results and preparations for the next state elections in 2015.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia