Will Decide on Anderson-Jadeja Row After Receiving Order Copy: BCCI
Left red-faced after the ICC judicial commissioner Gordon Lewis found England seamer James Anderson "not guilty" of pushing Ravindra Jadeja during the Trent Bridge Test match, the BCCI has gone a bit on the backfoot as they are yet to decide on their next course of action.
"We are expected to receive a detailed copy of the order that was passed by the Judicial Commissioner either by today or tomorrow. We will only be able to take a call in this regard after receiving the Order copy," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel told PTI today.
"A detailed legal analysis is required before deciding on future course. Our legal team will study the report and will give us a feedback. In such cases, every point needs to be studied minutely and it will take some time. So it is premature to conclude whether we will appeal."
Asked if the Indian team got a raw deal in this case, the BCCI secretary's answer was an indication that Board might just like to put an end to this controversy as it is unlikely that there could be any conclusive evidence against Anderson.
"It will be inappropriate to say that it has been unfair without going through the copy of the judgement. Let us wait for the written copy," Patel said.
As per ICC guidelines, only ICC CEO Dave Richardson has a right to appeal but as per reliable sources, he will need the permission of newly appointed ICC chairman N Srinivasan.
It will be interesting to see whether Richardson gets a go-ahead from the former BCCI president in this regard.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10