Will Decide on Anderson-Jadeja Row After Receiving Order Copy: BCCI
Left red-faced after the ICC judicial commissioner Gordon Lewis found England seamer James Anderson "not guilty" of pushing Ravindra Jadeja during the Trent Bridge Test match, the BCCI has gone a bit on the backfoot as they are yet to decide on their next course of action.
"We are expected to receive a detailed copy of the order that was passed by the Judicial Commissioner either by today or tomorrow. We will only be able to take a call in this regard after receiving the Order copy," BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel told PTI today.
"A detailed legal analysis is required before deciding on future course. Our legal team will study the report and will give us a feedback. In such cases, every point needs to be studied minutely and it will take some time. So it is premature to conclude whether we will appeal."
Asked if the Indian team got a raw deal in this case, the BCCI secretary's answer was an indication that Board might just like to put an end to this controversy as it is unlikely that there could be any conclusive evidence against Anderson.
"It will be inappropriate to say that it has been unfair without going through the copy of the judgement. Let us wait for the written copy," Patel said.
As per ICC guidelines, only ICC CEO Dave Richardson has a right to appeal but as per reliable sources, he will need the permission of newly appointed ICC chairman N Srinivasan.
It will be interesting to see whether Richardson gets a go-ahead from the former BCCI president in this regard.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events