'Why Modi Is Silent on BJP Leader's Arrest in Child Trafficking Case?' Asks Cong
The Congress today targeted the BJP after the arrest of its women's wing leader Juhi Chowdhury for her alleged involvement in a child trafficking case, and asked why the Prime Minister was silent over the issue.
"Prime Minister Modi is silent on the sex racket in WB (West Bengal), but makes divisive statements in UP (Uttar Pradesh)," Congress leader Manpreet Badal said.
Addressing a press conference here, the Congress leader said it is "glaringly shameful" that the West Bengal BJP Mahila Morcha general secretary Juhi Chowdhury has been arrested for her involvement in a child trafficking racket.
He claimed Juhi has now told the police that she was advised to escape to Nepal by an MP of BJP.
"Who is this BJP MP?" he asked.
He alleged that the owner of the Jalpaiguri orphanage publicly stated that Juhi had sought assistance for her from BJP Rajya Sabha member Roopa Ganguly and BJP National General Secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya for "assistance and necessary clearances from the government" for the facility.
"These allegations are indeed shocking, disgusting and utterly shameful, reflecting a deep rooted malice in the BJP," he said.
"(Prime Minister Narendra) Modi must also tell the nation how and why the names of BJP national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya and BJP nominated Rajya Sabha MP Roopa Ganguly surfaced in a child trafficking racket in West Bengal?" he asked.
"But in BJP-ruled Madhya Pradesh, a spy ring was exposed and PM Modi is silent. In West Bengal, a BJP general secretary of their women's wing was arrested for allegedly running a sex racket...," he alleged.
Chowdhury was arrested from Batasia area close to the Indo-Nepal border last night by the CID for her alleged involvement in the Jalpaiguri child trafficking case.
The BJP has, however, denied her involvement and termed her arrest as a "conspiracy".
- Pakistan: 140 Dead, 100 Injured After Oil Tanker Catches Fire
- Srikanth Lifts Australian Open Super Series
- 'Black Night' Can't Be Forgotten: Modi On Emergency
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Pak's BAT Team Carried Headband Camera, Dagger to Mutilate, Record Attack on Indian Army
- India Cannot Progress Without Hindi, Says Union Minister Naidu
- More Garbage Than Land For People In Delhi, Says High Court
- Army Jawan's Father Hides News Of Son’s Death So That Grandson Could Celebrate B’day