White House Defends Obama's Controversial Tan Suit
The White House has strongly defended Barack Obama's dress sense after the president faced some online disapproval for wearing a more informal tan-coloured suit at a news conference on Iran and Ukraine.
It not only went viral on the social media, but Obama also faced some criticism for it by his opponents.
"The President stands squarely behind his decision to wear his tan suit," White House Press Secretary, Josh Earnest, told reporters at his daily news conference.
While Obama addressed the two serious issues of Iran and Ukraine yesterday, much of the social media and mainstream media space was taken up by the president's tan suit during his news conference compared to his normal preference for dark suits.
A section of the American media also came out in defence of the president to wear the dress of his choice.
"Just because the President wore a suit that wasn't a shade of gray or blue doesn't mean you should have a problem with it," Time magazine wrote.
"Obama's tan suit: Stop freaking out, Internet, it's actually stylish," said the Los Angeles Times' headline.
The daily said other presidents have worn tan suits for multiple occasions, including President Ronald Reagan.
"This is far from the first time Obama has been criticised for his sense of style. Remember that time he was accused of wearing "mom" jeans when he threw out the first pitch at the 2009 MLB All Star (baseball) Game?" it said.
The presidential spokesperson also chose to defend his boss' sartorial style right at the start of his daily briefing.
FROM OUTLOOKCover StoryFar from being a prohibition-stricken land of flowing burqas, city lights and the gay life beckon the rich...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBIn the fierce dog-eat-dog situation in the e-retaimore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESLondon, Jun 2 Fashion king Yves Saint Laurentmore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Will Give Befitting Response to Any Misadventure: Raheel
- Shahabuddin Surrenders, Says CM Will be 'Taught a Lesson'
- Sri Lanka Becomes Fifth Nation to Pull Out of SAARC
- SC Cancels RJD Leader Shahabuddin's Bail, Sends Him Back to Jail
- Surgical Strikes by India in PoK an Act of Self Defence: Afghanistan
- Bihar Liquor Prohibition Law Illegal, Rules Patna High Court
- Denzel Washington's 'FENCES' Trailer Promises Oscar Contenders
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Will Tell India What Is Real Surgical Strike: Saeed
- Telcos Meet TRAI, Allege Tariff Order Violation by RJio
- Surgical Strike: South Korea Supports India's Stance
- Court Issues NBW Against Dawood Ibrahim, Chhota Shakeel
- 10 Killed, 29 Missing in Typhoon Megi in China
- Philippine Prez Duterte 'Happy to Slaughter' Drug Suspects, Mentions Hitler
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED