White House Defends Obama's Controversial Tan Suit
The White House has strongly defended Barack Obama's dress sense after the president faced some online disapproval for wearing a more informal tan-coloured suit at a news conference on Iran and Ukraine.
It not only went viral on the social media, but Obama also faced some criticism for it by his opponents.
"The President stands squarely behind his decision to wear his tan suit," White House Press Secretary, Josh Earnest, told reporters at his daily news conference.
While Obama addressed the two serious issues of Iran and Ukraine yesterday, much of the social media and mainstream media space was taken up by the president's tan suit during his news conference compared to his normal preference for dark suits.
A section of the American media also came out in defence of the president to wear the dress of his choice.
"Just because the President wore a suit that wasn't a shade of gray or blue doesn't mean you should have a problem with it," Time magazine wrote.
"Obama's tan suit: Stop freaking out, Internet, it's actually stylish," said the Los Angeles Times' headline.
The daily said other presidents have worn tan suits for multiple occasions, including President Ronald Reagan.
"This is far from the first time Obama has been criticised for his sense of style. Remember that time he was accused of wearing "mom" jeans when he threw out the first pitch at the 2009 MLB All Star (baseball) Game?" it said.
The presidential spokesperson also chose to defend his boss' sartorial style right at the start of his daily briefing.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10