WB: 12 Infants Die at Jangipur Hospital in Two Days
With the death of one more infant this morning, a total of 12 infants have died at Jangipur Sub-Divisional Hospital in Murshidabad district in the last two days, health officials said today.
The children, aged between 5-6 days to six months, were malnourished and admitted with respiratory problem to the hospital, doctors said.
One baby died this morning and eleven others died earlier, they said adding, severe malnutrition breathing trouble were stated to be the cause of the deaths.
A high-level team of doctors, paediatricians and administrative officials from the district headquarters have visited the hospital today.
Local MP and President Pranab Mukherjee's son Abhijit Mukherjee said he had asked the administration to take up the issue with the highest level of West Bengal government and provide health facilities at the hospital.
- Government Says 'No' To India-Pakistan Cricket Series
- CISE Declares Class 12 Results, Topper Gets 99.5%
- Delhi Man Killed For Objecting To Public Urination
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10