WB: 12 Infants Die at Jangipur Hospital in Two Days
With the death of one more infant this morning, a total of 12 infants have died at Jangipur Sub-Divisional Hospital in Murshidabad district in the last two days, health officials said today.
The children, aged between 5-6 days to six months, were malnourished and admitted with respiratory problem to the hospital, doctors said.
One baby died this morning and eleven others died earlier, they said adding, severe malnutrition breathing trouble were stated to be the cause of the deaths.
A high-level team of doctors, paediatricians and administrative officials from the district headquarters have visited the hospital today.
Local MP and President Pranab Mukherjee's son Abhijit Mukherjee said he had asked the administration to take up the issue with the highest level of West Bengal government and provide health facilities at the hospital.
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED