WB: 12 Infants Die at Jangipur Hospital in Two Days
With the death of one more infant this morning, a total of 12 infants have died at Jangipur Sub-Divisional Hospital in Murshidabad district in the last two days, health officials said today.
The children, aged between 5-6 days to six months, were malnourished and admitted with respiratory problem to the hospital, doctors said.
One baby died this morning and eleven others died earlier, they said adding, severe malnutrition breathing trouble were stated to be the cause of the deaths.
A high-level team of doctors, paediatricians and administrative officials from the district headquarters have visited the hospital today.
Local MP and President Pranab Mukherjee's son Abhijit Mukherjee said he had asked the administration to take up the issue with the highest level of West Bengal government and provide health facilities at the hospital.
FROM OUTLOOKKiddie partiesAspirational children’s birthday celebrations have become cultural landmines marked by subtle exclusion and culinary apartheid...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFOR THE RECORDAIDWA expresses shock and protests trafficking ofmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESmore from WIRES>>>
- Mehbooba Meets PM, Presents 3-Point Action Plan to Bring Peace in Kashmir
- National Herald: Notice Issued to Sonia, Rahul on Swamy's Petition
- Two Die in Murshidabad Hospital Fire
- PM Trying to Reverse AAP Govt's Decisions Through LG: Kejriwal
- Dhaka Cafe Attack 'Mastermind', 2 Others Killed in Encounter
- Nude Monk Delivers 'Kadve Vachan' in Haryana Assembly
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Over 400 Liquor Licences Granted Since AAP Came to Power: Yogendra Yadav
- Nurse, Security Agency Sacked in Dana Majhi Incident
- Bihar Flood Situation Worsens, Toll Rises to 153
- 25 Injured in Fresh Clashes in Kashmir, Death Toll Rises to 68
- Court Orders Further Probe Against K.M. Mani in Bar Scam
- Fire Sweeps Through Russian Warehouse, Killing 17 Workers
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED