Want to Be Hitler to Stop Injustice: KCR
Defending Telangana government's controversial decision to hold an intensive household survey on August 19, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao today said he will be like Hitler to stop "injustice".
"One says KCR is Hitler, another says KCR is dictator; KCR is definitely Hitler for thieves. I want to be Hitler for the corrupt. I don't feel shy. KCR is Hitler to stop injustice. I can even be Hitler's grandfather," Rao said at a press conference here.
Talking about the proposed survey, the chief minister said the exercise is aimed at ensuring that the benefits of government programmes reaches the targeted sections.
Rao dismissed allegations that the survey has been planned with a view to identifying Seemandhra natives.
"It is absolutely wrong. The Telangana Rashtra Samithi government wants to be target specific. It (the survey) is aimed at helping the people and the poor," he said.
Taking exception to certain comments being made by opposition TDP and BJP regarding the survey, Rao said the parties were raising a false alarm.
The Chief Minister asserted that the survey was aimed at ascertaining the facts and ensuring that government benefits reached the real beneficiaries.
"This survey is for identifying those who are ineligible for government benefits," he said.
There is no column in the survey form about the native place of the respondent, he clarified.
It would be good for the people if they give data during the survey, Rao said, adding that public transport buses would not run on August 19.
Meanwhile, replying to a query, he said the state government would be nice to the Centre if the Centre was nice to the state.
On the issue of the powers of the Governor in Hyderabad, Rao said the governor does not have any additional powers and the Centre cannot impose anything unconstitutional on the state.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events