Visva Bharati Student Lodges Police Complaint Against Molesters
The Visva Bharati student, who was allegedly molested and sexually harassed by three of her seniors last week, lodged a complaint with the police here today and expressed readiness to record her statement.
The Kala Bhavan student, who hails from Sikkim, reached the Bolpur SDPO Suryaprasad Yadav's office along with her parents and lodged the complaint against the three who are from the same department.
Yadav said a woman police officer of Bolpur police station interrogated her and she expressed her readiness to record her statement before a judicial magistrate in Bolpur court under section 164.
"We shall seek permission from the court tomorrow to record the statement of the girl under section 164," he said.
The girl had complained to the principal of Kala Bhavan, where she is a second year student, and had alleged that the three accused had recorded some obscene pictures with their mobile phones and threatened to blackmail her with those.
She had filed the complaint on August 28 and had left the campus with her father after meeting Vice-chancellor Susanta Dutta Gupta the next day.
Meanwhile the three students, two from the second year and one from third year, who were arrested following an FIR lodged by the University authority in connection with the incident were produced in Bolpur court during the day.
Sub-Divisional Chief Judicial Magistrate Sanghamitra Poddar ordered them to police remand for two days.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10