Visva Bharati Student Allegedly Harrassed by Class Mates
The Visva Bharati University authority is looking into a complaint by a girl student of Kala Bhavan that she was "sexually harassed" by three students of the same department.
"We have received a complaint through the principal of Kala Bhavan. We have summoned a meeting immediately and have already started our proceedings to probe the complaint," Mousumi Bhattacharya, Chairperson of the Internal Complaint Committee Against Sexual Harassment, said.
"We have talked to the girl and her father. We shall complete the investigation and submit report to the concerned authority as early as possible," she said late last night.
Today, the girl and her father were first taken to the Vice-Chancellor Susanta Datta Gupta's office where they spent close to two hours and then taken to another building for discussion.
It was not immediately known what transpired at the discussion. After the discussion, the girl and her father were taken to Bolpur railway station in a university car from where they left for Kolkata by the Saraighat Express.
An official of Visva Bharati said, "In her letter to the university authority the girl, a second year student of Kala Bhavan who hailed from Sikkim, had alleged that she was sexually harassed by three students."
She also alleged that they have recorded some obscene pictures with their mobile phones and threatened to blackmail with those.
On Thursday, the father of the girl came to Santiniketan. He met the university authority and demanded immediate action against those students.
He said yesterday, "The boys misbehaved with my daughter and she was threatened that she would be blackmailed with with some pictures which they had taken with a mobile phone."
This morning the father took away his daughter from the hostel and said, "I shall take her to Kolkata for the time being and take the final decision after some days."
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman