Vinod Mehta Wins GK Reddy Memorial Award 2014
Outlook Group's Editorial Chairman Vinod Mehta has been chosen for the prestigious GK Reddy Memorial Award, 2014, for his outstanding work in the field of journalism.
TSR Foundation, which gives the award in the memory of noted journalist G K Reddy, said the award would be conferred on Mehta at a function in December 2014.
The award carries Rs 5 lakh in cash, gold medal and a citation.
The jury of the award was headed by former Union Minister Karan Singh. Anand Sharma, Deputy leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, and Kanta G K Reddy were among the jury membsers, TSR Foundation Chairman T Subbarami Reddy said in a release today.
Distinguished journalists Prabhu Chawla, H K Dua, Aroon Purie, Shekhar Gupta and N Ravi had earlier won this award.
Mehta became the country's youngest editor when he took over as editor-in-chief of Debonair in 1974. Since then he has founded and edited publications such as the Sunday Observer, the Indian Post, the Independent, the Pioneer (Delhi edition), and Outlook.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10