Vinod Mehta Wins GK Reddy Memorial Award 2014
Outlook Group's Editorial Chairman Vinod Mehta has been chosen for the prestigious GK Reddy Memorial Award, 2014, for his outstanding work in the field of journalism.
TSR Foundation, which gives the award in the memory of noted journalist G K Reddy, said the award would be conferred on Mehta at a function in December 2014.
The award carries Rs 5 lakh in cash, gold medal and a citation.
The jury of the award was headed by former Union Minister Karan Singh. Anand Sharma, Deputy leader of Opposition in the Rajya Sabha, and Kanta G K Reddy were among the jury membsers, TSR Foundation Chairman T Subbarami Reddy said in a release today.
Distinguished journalists Prabhu Chawla, H K Dua, Aroon Purie, Shekhar Gupta and N Ravi had earlier won this award.
Mehta became the country's youngest editor when he took over as editor-in-chief of Debonair in 1974. Since then he has founded and edited publications such as the Sunday Observer, the Indian Post, the Independent, the Pioneer (Delhi edition), and Outlook.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman