Vijayakanth Condemns Lankan Article Against Jaya
Condemning the derogatory article against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa published on a Sri Lankan website, NDA ally DMDK today urged the Centre to review its relationship with the neighbouring country for demeaning her letters to the Prime Minister on the problems faced by state fishermen.
In a statement here, party founder leader Vijayakanth, who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly, described as "loathing" the derogatory observations about the letters, carried in the Sri Lankan defence website along with pictures, and said it needed to be condemned strongly.
"The tamils are angry with the Sri Lanka over the article, and the island nation should not repeat such mean acts. It is time India review its relationship with Sri Lanka," he added.
Sri Lankan Government had yesterday tendered an unqualified apology and remove the post as Jayalalithaa and various other political leaders, including her arch-rival DMK President M Karunanidhi, strongly protested against it.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'