Vijayakanth Condemns Lankan Article Against Jaya
Condemning the derogatory article against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa published on a Sri Lankan website, NDA ally DMDK today urged the Centre to review its relationship with the neighbouring country for demeaning her letters to the Prime Minister on the problems faced by state fishermen.
In a statement here, party founder leader Vijayakanth, who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly, described as "loathing" the derogatory observations about the letters, carried in the Sri Lankan defence website along with pictures, and said it needed to be condemned strongly.
"The tamils are angry with the Sri Lanka over the article, and the island nation should not repeat such mean acts. It is time India review its relationship with Sri Lanka," he added.
Sri Lankan Government had yesterday tendered an unqualified apology and remove the post as Jayalalithaa and various other political leaders, including her arch-rival DMK President M Karunanidhi, strongly protested against it.
- Pak Balochistan Province Assembly Resolution Condemns Modi
- PM's Fresh Bid on Kashmir: Talks of 'Ekta' And 'Mamata'
- JNU Rape Case: Varsity Suspends Accused Scholar
- Curfew in Some Parts of Srinagar, Two Towns in South Kashmir
- Trump Vows to Begin Deportations Immediately If Sworn In
- Pak: LeJ Terrorists Involved in Lanka Cricket Team Attack Killed
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Wet Outfield Denies India Chance to Level Series
- Delhi: 15-Year-Old Beaten to Death by Three Classmates, Says Police
- Scorpene Leak: DCNS Moves Aussie Court for Injunction Against The Australian
- Vadra, BJP MLA Engage in Verbal Spat Over Shaktiman
- Merkel Rejects Muslim Migrant Ban, Urges Fair Distribution
- Minor Raped by Juvenile Neighbour in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED