Vijayakanth Condemns Lankan Article Against Jaya
Condemning the derogatory article against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa published on a Sri Lankan website, NDA ally DMDK today urged the Centre to review its relationship with the neighbouring country for demeaning her letters to the Prime Minister on the problems faced by state fishermen.
In a statement here, party founder leader Vijayakanth, who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly, described as "loathing" the derogatory observations about the letters, carried in the Sri Lankan defence website along with pictures, and said it needed to be condemned strongly.
"The tamils are angry with the Sri Lanka over the article, and the island nation should not repeat such mean acts. It is time India review its relationship with Sri Lanka," he added.
Sri Lankan Government had yesterday tendered an unqualified apology and remove the post as Jayalalithaa and various other political leaders, including her arch-rival DMK President M Karunanidhi, strongly protested against it.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10