Vijayakanth Condemns Lankan Article Against Jaya
Condemning the derogatory article against Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa published on a Sri Lankan website, NDA ally DMDK today urged the Centre to review its relationship with the neighbouring country for demeaning her letters to the Prime Minister on the problems faced by state fishermen.
In a statement here, party founder leader Vijayakanth, who is also the Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly, described as "loathing" the derogatory observations about the letters, carried in the Sri Lankan defence website along with pictures, and said it needed to be condemned strongly.
"The tamils are angry with the Sri Lanka over the article, and the island nation should not repeat such mean acts. It is time India review its relationship with Sri Lanka," he added.
Sri Lankan Government had yesterday tendered an unqualified apology and remove the post as Jayalalithaa and various other political leaders, including her arch-rival DMK President M Karunanidhi, strongly protested against it.
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- LS Passes Bill to Check Benami Transactions
- Tribunal Nixed Karnataka Petition to Divert Mahadayi Water: Goa CM
- Woman Alleges Gang Rape by Two in Nallasopara
- No Indian Writer in Booker Prize 2016 Longlist
- AgustaWestland Bribery Scam: CBI Returns From Italy
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan Moves Sessions Court for Bail
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED