Vidarbha Region Farmers Protest Over Long Pending Demands
More than 300 farmers of the draught-affected areas of Vidarbha region staged a protest in Yavatmal district demanding the state government to take steps to provide relief to farmers.
The farmers gathered at the Pandharkawada tehsil office of Yavatmal district, around 150 kms from here, yesterday, and raised their various demand like to waive off loan, fresh allotment of crop loan, loans for tribals etc.
Vidarbha Jan Andolan Conveyor Kishor Tiwari said that they have also submitted a letter to Maharashtra chief minister, through tehsildar, stating if their demands are not met by September 5, farmers in their respective villages in the Vidarbha region will go on hunger strike.
He said more than one lakh farmers have signed the letter.
"Government is not taking care of farmers in the draught affected areas. We have already raised our long pending demands like loan waiver, fresh allotment of crop loan but government is not paying heed," he said.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10