Veteran Actress Reema Lagoo Dies At 59
Veteran actress Reema Lagoo, known for her performance in movies like "Hum Aapke Hain Koun" and "Kal Ho Na Ho", died due to a cardiac arrest in the wee hours today at the Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital here.
She was 59.
Lagoo was admitted to the hospital late last night after she complained of chest pain, the hospital's Executive Director Ram Naraian told PTI.
"We will issue a health report later in the day, after consulting with her family," he said.
Lagoo's son-in-law Vinay Waikul told PTI, "She was complaining of chest pain so we took her to hospital around 1 AM. She passed away due to a heart attack around 3.15 AM. She was perfectly fine and had no health issues...So it is really shocking for all us that she is no more with us."
Lagoo appeared in Marathi and Hindi films, besides doing a number of TV shows.
She is survived by daughter Mrunmayee, who is also a theatre and film actress and theatre director.
Lagoo has worked in superhit films like "Maine Pyar Kiya", "Saajan", "Vaastav, "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai" and, "Hum Saath-Saath Hain" among others, while her popular television serials included "Tu Tu Main Main" and "Shrimaan Shrimati".
Her acting career spanned over four decades and She was last seen in the television show "Naamkaran", aired on Star Plus.
- Has 'Bihar Ki Beti' Nominated Only To Lose?: Nitish Kumar
- ISRO's PSLV-C38, With 31 Satellites, Blasts Off From Sriharikota
- At Least 25 Killed, Over 100 Injured In Pakistan Blasts
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Army Rejects Rifles Made in India for 2nd Year in A Row Citing Poor Quality
- Opposition Picks Meira Kumar As Its Presidential Candidate
- ‘Giant Head’ Baby Roona Begum Of Tripura Passes Away Days Before Her Surgery
- JNU Students' Union President, Two Others Suspended From Varsity Panels For 'Misconduct'