Venkaiah Naidu Holds Meetings With AP, Telangana CMs
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu held separate meetings with Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana here today and asked them to prepare detailed reports on projects that require Central assistance.
The Union Minister handed over notes on the Central schemes being implemented in the two states and their current status, officials said.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, Venkaiah Naidu said the Centre and the state governments should work in close coordination to ensure development.
"I have explained the current status of development works to both the Chief Ministers. Development was paralysed in Andhra Pradesh (before its bifurcation) because of the political turmoil. We have to now put things back on track," Venkaiah Naidu said.
"I have asked both the Chief Ministers to set politics aside and work in tandem for development."
Earlier, during their meeting at Lake View Guest House, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu requested the Union Minister to expedite the process of granting special category state status.
He also wanted the Centre to take quick decisions on release of funds to the state and the projects with Central assistance, an official release said.
Venkaiah Naidu met the Telangana CM at the latter's camp office at Begumpet.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED