Venkaiah Naidu Holds Meetings With AP, Telangana CMs
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu held separate meetings with Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana here today and asked them to prepare detailed reports on projects that require Central assistance.
The Union Minister handed over notes on the Central schemes being implemented in the two states and their current status, officials said.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, Venkaiah Naidu said the Centre and the state governments should work in close coordination to ensure development.
"I have explained the current status of development works to both the Chief Ministers. Development was paralysed in Andhra Pradesh (before its bifurcation) because of the political turmoil. We have to now put things back on track," Venkaiah Naidu said.
"I have asked both the Chief Ministers to set politics aside and work in tandem for development."
Earlier, during their meeting at Lake View Guest House, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu requested the Union Minister to expedite the process of granting special category state status.
He also wanted the Centre to take quick decisions on release of funds to the state and the projects with Central assistance, an official release said.
Venkaiah Naidu met the Telangana CM at the latter's camp office at Begumpet.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'