Venkaiah Naidu Holds Meetings With AP, Telangana CMs
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu held separate meetings with Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana here today and asked them to prepare detailed reports on projects that require Central assistance.
The Union Minister handed over notes on the Central schemes being implemented in the two states and their current status, officials said.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, Venkaiah Naidu said the Centre and the state governments should work in close coordination to ensure development.
"I have explained the current status of development works to both the Chief Ministers. Development was paralysed in Andhra Pradesh (before its bifurcation) because of the political turmoil. We have to now put things back on track," Venkaiah Naidu said.
"I have asked both the Chief Ministers to set politics aside and work in tandem for development."
Earlier, during their meeting at Lake View Guest House, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu requested the Union Minister to expedite the process of granting special category state status.
He also wanted the Centre to take quick decisions on release of funds to the state and the projects with Central assistance, an official release said.
Venkaiah Naidu met the Telangana CM at the latter's camp office at Begumpet.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- Compassion Offers Solution to Many Present-Day Concerns: Bhagwat
- Wildlife Activists Burn Salman Khan's Effigy, Write to Prez
- Railways Disaster Management Plans Not Comprehensive: CAG
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED