Venkaiah Naidu Holds Meetings With AP, Telangana CMs
Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu held separate meetings with Chief Ministers of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana here today and asked them to prepare detailed reports on projects that require Central assistance.
The Union Minister handed over notes on the Central schemes being implemented in the two states and their current status, officials said.
Talking to reporters after his meeting with Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, Venkaiah Naidu said the Centre and the state governments should work in close coordination to ensure development.
"I have explained the current status of development works to both the Chief Ministers. Development was paralysed in Andhra Pradesh (before its bifurcation) because of the political turmoil. We have to now put things back on track," Venkaiah Naidu said.
"I have asked both the Chief Ministers to set politics aside and work in tandem for development."
Earlier, during their meeting at Lake View Guest House, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu requested the Union Minister to expedite the process of granting special category state status.
He also wanted the Centre to take quick decisions on release of funds to the state and the projects with Central assistance, an official release said.
Venkaiah Naidu met the Telangana CM at the latter's camp office at Begumpet.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10