Vardhan to Review Progress of NRHM, Medical Colleges in K'taka
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will take stock of the progress of National Rural Health Mission in Karnataka and the upgradation of three medical colleges in the state.
"I will use this opportunity to take stock of progress of the National Rural Health Mission in Karnataka. I also look forward to meeting Health Minister U T Khader to discuss how the north-south disparity in health services in the state can be resolved," Vardhan, who started his two-day visit to the southern state, said in a statement here.
This is his first official visit to Karnataka since assuming office on May 27, it said.
The Minister will review the progress on three projects for upgradation of government medical colleges situated in Bangalore, Bellary and Hubli of Karnataka. The central and state governments are sharing costs on 80-20 basis, the release added.
Vardhan also noted that he has already written to the Chief Minister of Karnataka with a request for land allocation for a new All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in the State.
"Though Karnataka has above average health indicators, I think that an AIIMS is necessary because there is inadequate secondary and tertiary care infrastructure. So if the state government can provide about 200 acres of land I would be happy to send the Ministry’s officials for making a project report as soon as possible," he added.
He will inaugurate the new ward at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) to treat and rehabilitate women who are addicted to alcohol and substances.
The Minister will also to visit the Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA) Deemed University on Anekal Road which houses 'Anvesana', its research foundation, the statement added.
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- Akhilesh Yadav Scared Of Donkeys Of Gujarat, Says PM Modi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman