Vardhan to Review Progress of NRHM, Medical Colleges in K'taka
Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan will take stock of the progress of National Rural Health Mission in Karnataka and the upgradation of three medical colleges in the state.
"I will use this opportunity to take stock of progress of the National Rural Health Mission in Karnataka. I also look forward to meeting Health Minister U T Khader to discuss how the north-south disparity in health services in the state can be resolved," Vardhan, who started his two-day visit to the southern state, said in a statement here.
This is his first official visit to Karnataka since assuming office on May 27, it said.
The Minister will review the progress on three projects for upgradation of government medical colleges situated in Bangalore, Bellary and Hubli of Karnataka. The central and state governments are sharing costs on 80-20 basis, the release added.
Vardhan also noted that he has already written to the Chief Minister of Karnataka with a request for land allocation for a new All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS) in the State.
"Though Karnataka has above average health indicators, I think that an AIIMS is necessary because there is inadequate secondary and tertiary care infrastructure. So if the state government can provide about 200 acres of land I would be happy to send the Ministry’s officials for making a project report as soon as possible," he added.
He will inaugurate the new ward at National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (NIMHANS) to treat and rehabilitate women who are addicted to alcohol and substances.
The Minister will also to visit the Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samsthana (SVYASA) Deemed University on Anekal Road which houses 'Anvesana', its research foundation, the statement added.
- Swaraj Slams Those Who Made Altruistic Surrogacy 'A Fashion'
- World's Largest Aircraft, Airlander 10, Crashes During Second Test Flight in UK
- Powerful Earthquake Hits Myanmar, Bagan Temples Damaged
- Never Blamed RSS as an Institution for Mahatma Gandhi's Killing: Rahul to SC
- Scorpene Data Leak: Indian Navy Probes Matter
- More Than 70 Dead as Pre-Dawn Quake Hits Central Italy
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Maharashtra Govt Sends Report on Zakir Naik to Centre
- Maruti Labour Unrest: SC Sets Aside HC Order to Recall Witnesses
- Panel on OROP Not Hearing Individuals: Ex-Serviceman Tells HC
- British-Indian Siblings Forced Off Plane Over 'ISIS Claims'
- Piers Morgan Hits A Soft Spot: Why Didn't India Win A Single Olympic Gold?
- Girl Dies Waiting in Queue at Gurgaon Hospital, Probe Ordered
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED