US Drone Attack Kills Six Militants in Northwest Pakistan
At least six militants were killed today in a US drone attack in Pakistan's restive North Waziristan tribal region where the Pakistani military is conducting an offensive against foreign and local terrorists.
The unmanned aircraft fired two missiles at a house in Dattakhel area in the border region of North Waziristan.
At least six militants were killed and two others injured, Express News reported.
The identity of the militants was not known but Dattekhel is known to be a stronghold of Afghan and Uzbek militants.
The US has increased drone attacks after Pakistan launched its military operation in the lawless region.
This is the fourth such drone strike since start of a military operation on June 15 to wipe out the bases of Taliban and other militants. More than 600 militants have been killed in the military offensive.
Pakistan terms these attacks as violation of its sovereignty.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10