US Drone Attack Kills Six Militants in Northwest Pakistan
At least six militants were killed today in a US drone attack in Pakistan's restive North Waziristan tribal region where the Pakistani military is conducting an offensive against foreign and local terrorists.
The unmanned aircraft fired two missiles at a house in Dattakhel area in the border region of North Waziristan.
At least six militants were killed and two others injured, Express News reported.
The identity of the militants was not known but Dattekhel is known to be a stronghold of Afghan and Uzbek militants.
The US has increased drone attacks after Pakistan launched its military operation in the lawless region.
This is the fourth such drone strike since start of a military operation on June 15 to wipe out the bases of Taliban and other militants. More than 600 militants have been killed in the military offensive.
Pakistan terms these attacks as violation of its sovereignty.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageThe first ever strike at the army camp in Baramullmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED