UPSC: HC to Hear PIL Against Non-Evaluation of English Questions
The Delhi High Court today agreed to hear tomorrow a plea against UPSC's recent decision asking Civil Services aspirants not to answer questions in the English Comprehensive section of the Preliminary Examination to be held on August 24.
"List it for hearing tomorrow," a bench of justices B D Ahmed and Siddharth Mridul said.
Recently, the Centre, following protests by a section of students over English Comprehension test in the Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services examination, decided to remove the questions of English languages in the CSAT.
Later, Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) came out with the decision asking candidates to leave the questions unanswered during the CSAT examination as the section will not have any bearing on the merit list due to non-evaluation.
Dinesh Bhatia, a female civil services aspirant, today moved the petition through her lawyer Vikas Nagwan against the August 16 notice of the UPSC that had said that questions under English Comprehension test category will not be checked.
"The change in the marking scheme, just one week before the exam, would adversely affect the interest of the candidates (including the petitioners) belonging to the arts, humanities and medical backgrounds," the lawyer said.
The UPSC, in its notification, had said, "The Paper-II would contain a section on English Language Comprehension Skills (Class X Level). Candidates must note that they do not have to answer the questions on this English Language Comprehension Skills (Class X Level) section. These questions will not be evaluated."
The maximum marks for Paper II would be '200 minus the marks earmarked for the English language comprehension skills (Class X level), the UPSC had said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10