UPSC Aspirants Continue Protest, RJD MP Extends Support
Several civil service aspirants today continued their protest demanding scrapping of Civil Services Aptitude Test, with RJD MP Pappu Yadav and his supporters joining the agitation.
The protesters, led by Yadav, gathered outside BJP headquarter on Ashoka Road around 1.30 PM and raised slogans against BJP and CSAT exam.
Rashtriya Janata Dal MP Rajesh Ranjan, also known as Pappu Yadav, told reporters, "It is not a question of English or Hindi. It is a question of the rights of youths who belong to poor and lower middle-class families and come from villages, those who have studied in Indian languages and on this issue we will not compromise".
Some members of Delhi-based Akhil Bhartiya Mithila Sangh also participated in the protest.
The civil services preliminary examination will be held on August 24 with some changes announced by government including that English marks in CSAT-II will not be included for gradation or merit in the preliminary examination.
There are two compulsory papers of 200 marks each in the civil services preliminary examination. These papers are also known as CSAT I and CSAT II.
The CSAT-II paper carries questions on comprehension, interpersonal skills including communication skills, logical reasoning and analytical ability, decision-making and problem- solving, general mental ability, basic numeracy, and English language comprehension skills (of Class X level).
The CSAT pattern was implemented from 2011.
The civil services examination is conducted in three stages--preliminary, main and interview--to choose candidates for Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS) among others.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED