Uproar in RS Over TDP MP's Dress Remarks
Congress members today created uproar in Rajya Sabha over certain remarks made by a TDP MP about women's dress, leading to adjournment of the House for 15 minutes.
Soon after the House paid homage to freedom fighters who laid down their lives during Independence movement, Congress members were on their feet demanding action against the Lok Sabha member for the remarks made yesterday.
Standing in protest against the comments, Viplove Thakur (Cong) said the remarks display the mentality of the MP and demanded action against him as other members joined in the protest.
TDP member M Murli Mohan had created a flutter in the Lok Sabha when he asked women to dress in a dignified manner, triggering protests from women MPs, one of whom said he should be asked to leave the House.
As uproar continued over the TDP MP's remark, BJD members stood up to raise the issue of floods in Odisha and wanted to know what the Centre was doing to mitigate the sufferings of the people.
Amid din, Chairman Hamid Ansari adjourned the House for 15 minutes.
Normalcy was restored when the House reassembled. Earlier, Ansari said August 9 marks the 72nd anniversary of Quit India movement launched by Mahatma Gandhi.
Ansari paid solemn tributes to martyrs who laid down their lives and those who underwent immense suffering during the freedom struggle. The House then observed silence as a mark of respect to the martyrs.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10