UP Would've Benefited With BJP Govt, Varun at Helm: Maneka
Pitching for her son and Sultanpur MP, Union Minister Maneka Gandhi has said that Uttar Pradesh would have benefited had there been a BJP led government in the state with Varun Gandhi as its chief minister.
"It would have been better had there been our government in the state then we would have got work done authoritatively. It would have been even better if the government would have been run by Varun, in that case Pilibhit should have benefited most," the Women and Child Development Minister said while addressing a meeting in Takia village yesterday.
On projecting Varun as the state's chief ministerial candidate, Maneka said, "it is a matter of future." However, BJP state president Laxmi Kant Bajpai said whatever the Minister has expressed is her personal view.
"In BJP, the party high command takes such decisions whether it would contest election by projecting a leader as the Chief Ministerial candidate. Besides its too early to comment," he added.
The meeting was organised by Varun Gandhi Youth Brigade, during which his supporters raised slogans of "Hamara CM kaisa ho, Varun Gandhi jaisa ho (Our Chief Minister should be like Varun Gandhi)."
Maneka, who is BJP MP from Pilibhit, attacked Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav and the Akhilesh Yadav government for "intentionally harassing the people of Uttar Pradesh" after the Lok Sabha elections, in which 71 out of 80 constituencies were clinched by BJP and SP could only manage to get five seats.
She alleged that BJP supporters and people of the state were being deprived of basic amenities like power, water and road infrastructure after the general election results.
The Minister claimed the people would teach the SP supremo a lesson in the next UP Assembly elections.
- Can't Allow Lives of Muslim Women to be Ruined by Triple Talaq: PM
- Militants Open Fire at Manipur CM's Helicopter, He Escapes Unhurt
- Women to be Granted Access to Haji Ali Shrine on Par With Men: Dargah Trust to SC
- Let Netaji Install a CM Who He Feels is Honest: Akhilesh
- BSF Jawan, Six-Yr-Old Boy Killed in Pak Firing in J&K
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Seven Killed, 94 Injured in Massive Explosion in China
- Centre 'Politicising' Triple Talaq Issue to Polarise Hindu Votes: Muslim Women Org
- CBI Shielding Tytler in 1984 Anti-Sikh Riots Case, Alleges AAP
- Aircel-Maxis Case: Kalanithi Denies CBI Claim of Pressurising Telecom Promoter
- China Warns US Against Meddling After Envoy's Arunachal Trip
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali on September 29 After Surgical Strikes: PM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'