UP: Man Arrested For Trying to Self-Immolate in Front of CM's House
A 35-year-old man today tried to immolate himself in front of Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav's residence here, but was prevented by the police deployed outside who later arrested him.
Apparently depressed over police's apathy on his complaint against land mafias grabbing his land, Kapil Mittal, hailing from Aligarh, reached outside Yadav's residence with kerosene oil this morning to immolate himself, police said.
As soon as he tried to pour the oil on himself, the alert police deployed there prevented him in taking the extreme step, following which they arrested him, police said, adding, a case has been registered against him in this connection.
While being taken to Hazratganj police station, Mittal told reporters that he wanted to meet the Chief Minister and inform him that police is not taking action against land mafias who are trying to grab his land.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10