UP Govt Sets Up Committee to Probe Saharanpur Clash
The Uttar Pradesh government today constituted a committee to probe the incidence of violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
The committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will finally give its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The other members of the committee are -- Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, state minister Ashu Malik and SP's District President, Moradabad, Haji Ikram Qureshi.
Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured.
165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence.
Meanwhile, the curfew was today relaxed for six hours in the violence-hit district where a peace march was taken out by people belonging to different communities.
- 'Killing In The Name Of Gau Bhakti Is Unacceptable': PM
- IndiGo Shows Interest In Buying Stake In Air India
- July 1 Not Last Date For Linking Aadhaar With PAN
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED