UP Govt Sets Up Committee to Probe Saharanpur Clash
The Uttar Pradesh government today constituted a committee to probe the incidence of violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
The committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will finally give its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The other members of the committee are -- Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, state minister Ashu Malik and SP's District President, Moradabad, Haji Ikram Qureshi.
Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured.
165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence.
Meanwhile, the curfew was today relaxed for six hours in the violence-hit district where a peace march was taken out by people belonging to different communities.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED