UP Govt Sets Up Committee to Probe Saharanpur Clash
The Uttar Pradesh government today constituted a committee to probe the incidence of violent clash in Saharanpur on July 26, which left three persons dead and over 30 injured.
The committee headed by PWD Minister Shivpal Yadav would visit Saharanpur and after going through all the aspects will finally give its report to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
The other members of the committee are -- Technical Education Minister Shivakant Ojha, Minister of State for Rural Development Arvind Singh Gope, state minister Ashu Malik and SP's District President, Moradabad, Haji Ikram Qureshi.
Clashes between two communities over a land dispute in Saharanpur had left three persons dead and 34 injured.
165 shops and handcarts and 42 vehicles were set ablaze in the violence.
Meanwhile, the curfew was today relaxed for six hours in the violence-hit district where a peace march was taken out by people belonging to different communities.
- SC Seeks EC's Response
- Indian Woman, Son Found Murdered in US, Probe Launched
- Should Sidhu Be Allowed to Multitask?
- Aadhaar Not Needed For Mid-Day Meals
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Govt Staff in Bareilly Barred From Wearing Jeans, T-Shirts at Work
- Release Funds to State Bodies for Holding Matches: SC Tells BCCI
- 1984 Riots: SC Asks Govt to Give Files of 199 'Closed' Cases
- Counter-Terrorist Operations Claimed 92 Soldiers in J&K Since 2015: Govt
- PM Modi Calls Up Theresa May Over Terror Attack
- Dr Randeep Guleria Appointed New Director of AIIMS-Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Yogi Adityanath Makes Surprise Visit To Police Station In Lucknow
- Plea Against Kejriwal: Court Raps Police for Indecisiveness
- After Shiv Sena MP's Slipper Assault, Air India Mulling Preparing No-Fly List for Unruly Passengers
- With Vikalp, Passengers on Wait List Can Tavel in Rajdhani at Mail, Express Fare