UP Govt Removes Advocate General
The Uttar Pradesh government has removed Advocate General (AG) Vinay Chandra Mishra from his post.
"From July 29 Uttar Pradesh Governor has relieved Vinay Chandra Mishra, Advocate General, from his post," said a notification issued by the state government on July 29.
As per the notification Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has been authorised to select the new AG.
Mishra, who was appointed as the AG following resignation of SP Gupta in November last year, said that if he would have been asked to resign, he would have done that on his own.
Alleging conspiracy, Mishra said that he would clarify the situation before SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Mishra, who had held important posts in Allahabad High Court, hails from Etawah, the native place of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
He has served as Chairman of Bar Council of India and president of Bar Council of Allahabad High Court for seven terms.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 14 Men Molest 2 Women, Posts Video On The Social Media
- Defending The Use of 'Human Shield', General Bipin Rawat Says 'Dirty War' In Kashmir Has To Be Fought With 'Innovative Ways'
- After Rahul, Now Akhilesh Denied Entry to Violence-Hit Saharanpur
- Three Booked For Abducting, Raping Minor Girl In Rajasthan
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10