UP Govt Removes Advocate General
The Uttar Pradesh government has removed Advocate General (AG) Vinay Chandra Mishra from his post.
"From July 29 Uttar Pradesh Governor has relieved Vinay Chandra Mishra, Advocate General, from his post," said a notification issued by the state government on July 29.
As per the notification Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has been authorised to select the new AG.
Mishra, who was appointed as the AG following resignation of SP Gupta in November last year, said that if he would have been asked to resign, he would have done that on his own.
Alleging conspiracy, Mishra said that he would clarify the situation before SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Mishra, who had held important posts in Allahabad High Court, hails from Etawah, the native place of Mulayam Singh Yadav.
He has served as Chairman of Bar Council of India and president of Bar Council of Allahabad High Court for seven terms.
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Khalsa College Postpones Drama Event Till ABVP Drama Pacifies
- India Likely to Be Less Affected by Global Economic Shocks: IMF
- Ticket Collector Bites Off Senior Officer's Nose In A Fit Of Rage
- 60-Year-Old Poet Thrashed For Stopping DTC Bus Conductor From Urinating On Road
- 130 Bodies Of Fighters Beheaded By Rival Jihadists Found in Syria Mass Graves
- BMC Mayor Will Be From Our Party, BJP Used Deceitful Means to Destabilise Our Rule: Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman