UP: Dalit Woman Found Murdered, Rape Suspected
A 45-year-old Dalit woman was murdered after allegedly being raped, sparking protests near Daurala area here.
"The 45-year-old woman went to collect fodder but when she did not return till late evening, the family members with the help of villagers started searching for her.
"They found her half-naked body with injury marks, indicating attack by a sharp object, in a nearby sugarcane farm. The body has been sent for post mortem," a police spokesman said.
The victim's husband has registered a complaint against unidentified persons.
Villagers alleged that police did not take prompt action in the case and staged protest when a police team reached there.
"The post mortem report would reveal whether the woman was raped. She was attacked by a sharp object," police said.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10