UP: Dalit Woman Found Murdered, Rape Suspected
A 45-year-old Dalit woman was murdered after allegedly being raped, sparking protests near Daurala area here.
"The 45-year-old woman went to collect fodder but when she did not return till late evening, the family members with the help of villagers started searching for her.
"They found her half-naked body with injury marks, indicating attack by a sharp object, in a nearby sugarcane farm. The body has been sent for post mortem," a police spokesman said.
The victim's husband has registered a complaint against unidentified persons.
Villagers alleged that police did not take prompt action in the case and staged protest when a police team reached there.
"The post mortem report would reveal whether the woman was raped. She was attacked by a sharp object," police said.
- 'Indians Hate Corruption,' Says PM Modi
- Even At 2 AM, Swaraj Helps Indians In Need, Modi Lauds MEA
- This Way For The Trump Card
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Pakistan: 149 Killed, 117 Injured After Oil Tanker Explodes In Bahawalpur
- Four Members Of A Delhi Family, 3 Guides Killed As Cable Car Plummets In Gulmarg
- Advani Opted Out Of Presidential Race Due To Babri Masjid Case, Says Ex-NDA Minister
- India Cannot Progress Without Hindi, Says Union Minister Naidu