UP: Akhilesh Moves Police Chiefs of 5 Districts
In the ongoing exercise to improve policing in the state, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav today removed the police chiefs of five districts and attached them to the DGP office here besides posting a new IG of the Special Task Force (STF).
A home department spokesman said the CM has removed SSP Moradabad Ashotosh Kumar, SP Bijnore Anis Ahmed Ansari, SP Hapur Mahendra Pal Singh, SSP Saharanpur Dr Manoj Kumar and SP Auraiya Sayed Wasim Ahmed, and attached them to the DGP office in Lucknow.
Senior IPS officer Sujit Pandey has been made the IG of STF replacing Ashish Gupta who has not yet been given a new posting, the spokesman said.
DIG (Fire Service) Vijay Kumar Garg has been made the DIG of Jhansi and SSP Etah Amit Pathak has been shifted to STF in the same capacity while SP (Traffic) Ajay Mohan Sharma has been sent to Etah as SSP.
Besides two PPS officers have also been shifted after the Principal Secretary (Home) Deepak Singhal and DGP A L Banerjee visited Aligarh today, he said, adding that they are ASP (Crime/Traffic) Shikizzuma and ASP (Rural) Asharam Yadav and they have been attached to the DGP office.
- No Extension for Kumble, BCCI Looks For Head Coach
- 4 Women Gangraped, Man Shot Dead in UP's Bulandshahr
- Fadnavis Escapes Unhurt After Chopper Crash In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10