Two Tribals Kidnapped in Tripura
Insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura have allegedly kidnapped two tribal youths from a remote hamlet near the Indo-Bangla border in Gomati district, the police said today.
A group of about eight insurgents armed with sophisticated weapons raided Joychandrapara village last midnight and kidnapped the two youths identified as Jhurham Reang (25) and Udayram Reang (22) from their huts and demanded ransom for their release, IG Police Control Nepal Das said.
"The ultras told the members of the kidnapped persons family that taxes for last four years were pending and the youths would be released after repayment of the so called taxes to the ultras," Das told PTI.
He said the village was located near the border and a large patch of the area remained unfenced due to tough terrain and logistic problems and it was presumed that the ultras have sneaked into Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) of the neighbouring country with the kidnapped persons.
Das said though the kidnap occurred on Saturday night, the villagers informed the police and nearby BSF camp on Sunday and immediately after receipt of the information, the police and BSF launched a massive combing operation in the area.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman