Two Tribals Kidnapped in Tripura
Insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura have allegedly kidnapped two tribal youths from a remote hamlet near the Indo-Bangla border in Gomati district, the police said today.
A group of about eight insurgents armed with sophisticated weapons raided Joychandrapara village last midnight and kidnapped the two youths identified as Jhurham Reang (25) and Udayram Reang (22) from their huts and demanded ransom for their release, IG Police Control Nepal Das said.
"The ultras told the members of the kidnapped persons family that taxes for last four years were pending and the youths would be released after repayment of the so called taxes to the ultras," Das told PTI.
He said the village was located near the border and a large patch of the area remained unfenced due to tough terrain and logistic problems and it was presumed that the ultras have sneaked into Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) of the neighbouring country with the kidnapped persons.
Das said though the kidnap occurred on Saturday night, the villagers informed the police and nearby BSF camp on Sunday and immediately after receipt of the information, the police and BSF launched a massive combing operation in the area.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10