Two Tribals Kidnapped in Tripura
Insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura have allegedly kidnapped two tribal youths from a remote hamlet near the Indo-Bangla border in Gomati district, the police said today.
A group of about eight insurgents armed with sophisticated weapons raided Joychandrapara village last midnight and kidnapped the two youths identified as Jhurham Reang (25) and Udayram Reang (22) from their huts and demanded ransom for their release, IG Police Control Nepal Das said.
"The ultras told the members of the kidnapped persons family that taxes for last four years were pending and the youths would be released after repayment of the so called taxes to the ultras," Das told PTI.
He said the village was located near the border and a large patch of the area remained unfenced due to tough terrain and logistic problems and it was presumed that the ultras have sneaked into Chittagong Hill Tract (CHT) of the neighbouring country with the kidnapped persons.
Das said though the kidnap occurred on Saturday night, the villagers informed the police and nearby BSF camp on Sunday and immediately after receipt of the information, the police and BSF launched a massive combing operation in the area.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED