Two Minors Allegedly Raped in Separate Cases in Delhi
Two minor girls were allegedly raped by their neighbours in two separate cases in the national capital, police said today.
The accused in both the cases have been arrested.
In the first incident, a 58-year-old unemployed man raped an eight-year-old girl last evening in central Delhi's Turkman Gate area. He had lured the girl to his house on some pretext and sexually assaulted her, police said.
After her parents approached the police, she was taken to a hospital where medical examination confirmed that she had been raped, a police official said.
Zulfikar was arrested from his home and a case was registered against him under relevant sections, he added.
In the second incident, a teenager was allegedly raped twice on Saturday by a man who lived in the same building with his wife and children in east Delhi's Madhu Vihar.
Roshan Ali, 24, had barged into the girl's house and raped her when her parents, who did odd jobs, were away.
His wife, who works as a maid, too had gone out to work.
After sexually assaulting her once, he returned some time later to rape her again and the threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed about the assault to anyone.
The 14-year-old girl, however, revealed her ordeal to her parents when they returned home.
The accused, who works as a tailor, was arrested soon after the victim's parents reported the matter to the police.
He has been charged with rape and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, police said.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events