Two Held for Raping Sisters in Barmer
Two persons have been arrested for allegedly raping two sisters here last week, police said today.
Barmer SP Hemant Sharma said the two accused are presently in police custody.
The sisters, aged 18 and 20, on August 20 accused three men of raping them while they were returning home, according to the SP.
Earlier on August 17, the girls in a complaint to Gidan Police Station had alleged that the men had tried to rape them. But, on August 20, they lodged another complaint accusing the three men of raping them, he had said.
Meanwhile, some social activists have alleged that the family of the two sisters had been socially boycotted by caste panchayat after their relatives were arrested in connection with a murder case last year. They claimed that the girls had been living alone in the village in Gidan area and their parents work as labourers at some other place because of the boycott.
SP Sharma, however, rejected the allegations and said the matter was being probed fairly.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'