Two Held for Raping Sisters in Barmer
Two persons have been arrested for allegedly raping two sisters here last week, police said today.
Barmer SP Hemant Sharma said the two accused are presently in police custody.
The sisters, aged 18 and 20, on August 20 accused three men of raping them while they were returning home, according to the SP.
Earlier on August 17, the girls in a complaint to Gidan Police Station had alleged that the men had tried to rape them. But, on August 20, they lodged another complaint accusing the three men of raping them, he had said.
Meanwhile, some social activists have alleged that the family of the two sisters had been socially boycotted by caste panchayat after their relatives were arrested in connection with a murder case last year. They claimed that the girls had been living alone in the village in Gidan area and their parents work as labourers at some other place because of the boycott.
SP Sharma, however, rejected the allegations and said the matter was being probed fairly.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10