Two Held for Raping Sisters in Barmer
Two persons have been arrested for allegedly raping two sisters here last week, police said today.
Barmer SP Hemant Sharma said the two accused are presently in police custody.
The sisters, aged 18 and 20, on August 20 accused three men of raping them while they were returning home, according to the SP.
Earlier on August 17, the girls in a complaint to Gidan Police Station had alleged that the men had tried to rape them. But, on August 20, they lodged another complaint accusing the three men of raping them, he had said.
Meanwhile, some social activists have alleged that the family of the two sisters had been socially boycotted by caste panchayat after their relatives were arrested in connection with a murder case last year. They claimed that the girls had been living alone in the village in Gidan area and their parents work as labourers at some other place because of the boycott.
SP Sharma, however, rejected the allegations and said the matter was being probed fairly.
- Cabinet Drops 1% Additional Tax From GST Bill
- RBI Slaps Rs 27-Cr Penalty on 13 Banks for FEMA Violations
- SC Critical of Magistrate Ordering Probe in Rahul Defamation Case
- Modi May Get Me Killed as Well: Kejriwal
- Sharif Describes Kashmir As 'Unfinished Agenda' of UN
- Key Witness Says Salman Khan Killed the Chinkara
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- BJP Objects to Digvijay's Tweets to His Partymen in Assembly
- Four Una Dalit Victims Admitted to Hospital Again
- Local Muslims Stayed Away From Kalam Statue Function: Ulemas
- Police Declares Eight Puri Temple Servitors As 'Absconders'
- Bharti Airtel Q1 Profit Dips 31% to Rs 1,462 Cr
- Chance for Reformation Has to be Given to Young Offenders: SC
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED